Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Black
    2002 WS6 TA

Where to Purchase o2 Sims and will it relieve issu

Where can I get o2 simms? Also when my inspection failed they said that the catalyst monitor and secondary air were not ready will this help eliminate this? I have long tube headers going to dynatech powercats and then to a borla catback.

It usually takes 3-4 drive cycles to set the readiness monitores to "ready"So the car must completely cool down--and start cold and run normally 3-4 times--Every time you interupt the computer by just reading the codes--it re-sets the monitor and you have start all over again with the drive cycles--
    Now if you removed the cats or replaced them with aftermarket ones--it may never set the monitor for the catalyst system to ready--beacuse the readings will never be the same as stock--To fix that--you must delete the codes for the catalyst system by setting the enablers to "not reported"

Black
    2002 WS6 TA

Quote Originally Posted by tblu92 View Post
    It usually takes 3-4 drive cycles to set the readiness monitores to "ready"So the car must completely cool down--and start cold and run normally 3-4 times--Every time you interupt the computer by just reading the codes--it re-sets the monitor and you have start all over again with the drive cycles--
    Now if you removed the cats or replaced them with aftermarket ones--it may never set the monitor for the catalyst system to ready--beacuse the readings will never be the same as stock--To fix that--you must delete the codes for the catalyst system by setting the enablers to "not reported"

What device should I use to do that? Predator?

Not toataly familiar with the Predator- but usually it takes a full programmer like HP Tuners or EFILIVE to remove DTC code enablers

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

Quote Originally Posted by Patsy57 View Post
    Where can I get o2 simms? Also when my inspection failed they said that the catalyst monitor and secondary air were not ready will this help eliminate this? I have long tube headers going to dynatech powercats and then to a borla catback.
    o2 simms were outlawed by the EPA. Casper Electronics got fined over $1 million dollars.
    Cold Air Intake, Muffler Delete, Vinci High Performance Dual Valve Springs, Hardened Pushrods, Yella Terra 1.85 Rockers, Some Hydropdipped Stuff, Strut Tower Brace, Some SS Badges, boost/vacuum gauge, fuel pressure gauge, some checkered stripes, drilled/slotted rotors, ZL1addons Stealth wickerbill, Ruxifey LED side markers

hugger orange

I'm having the same problem with my 04 gto. I found a site that shows you how to make your own simulators with parts from radioshack for like $5. or you can buy sims for around $50 plus shipping..... if you can wait till next week o am going to radioshack this morning when I get off to buy the parts(a few resistors and a capacitor) . friday I'm wiring it up and installing it. if it works the way it is supposed to I will let you know.

let the F-Bodies roll jimmybling31's Avatar

white
    94 camaro z28

Quote Originally Posted by mrr23 View Post
    o2 simms were outlawed by the EPA. Casper Electronics got fined over $1 million dollars.
    you're joking? I hate the epa. always ruiningn everything. they are saying that the emmissions in my area are too bad. It's not the cars, because we have a sniffer with computer test for 96up and sniffer for earlier. It pisses me off that they are trying to make this a california type area. it'll piss off alot of people being in the south and being that there are people that have had lt's with no egr or anything for years and them changing to a california system would take 40% of the modified cars off the road and in the south modding is pretty big.

Black
    2002 WS6 TA

Quote Originally Posted by mark21742 View Post
    I'm having the same problem with my 04 gto. I found a site that shows you how to make your own simulators with parts from radioshack for like $5. or you can buy sims for around $50 plus shipping..... if you can wait till next week o am going to radioshack this morning when I get off to buy the parts(a few resistors and a capacitor) . friday I'm wiring it up and installing it. if it works the way it is supposed to I will let you know.

Please let me know how they work out and also where the document is showing how to build the units. Thanks!

white
    2002 B4C

Will deleting rear O2 sensors allow you to pass emissions still? If not what is the point?

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

not kidding. there's threads from last year about it. having rear o2 simms keeps the CEL from coming on reporting the bad cat and rear o2 codes from coming on. i used to have them. by watching the scanner, it kept rotating the numbers around. something like 440, 665, and 850 over and over.

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

Quote Originally Posted by TedsB4Csled View Post
    Will deleting rear O2 sensors allow you to pass emissions still? If not what is the point?
    a PCM scan emmission test, you will pass. a visual, no.

white
    2002 B4C

So keeping 02 sensors & gutted cats then delete 02 with a tune would be ok?

white
    2002 B4C

Hypothetically of course...

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

yes

white
    2002 B4C

You sleep as much as I do Thanks.

hugger orange

I got all the parts, (two radio shacks and an electronics store later), haven't slept since yeserday afternoon, so I'm gonna get some sleep and wire them first thing in the morning! (with PC board, and neat little sealed box included in price) i'm set back about $15...... wish me luck!!
    Last edited by mark21742; 04-04-2008 at 01:27 PM. Reason: spelling

white
    2002 B4C

You have a link to the site, how to make O2 sims?

hugger orange

Red
    Honda MDX

Quote Originally Posted by Patsy57 View Post
    dfdfgdfgdfg

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information