Burple
    1966 427 Cobra Replica

Ferrari Challenge Stradale and Porsche GT3-RS...

Why has Chevrolet never built a Corvette along the same purpose lines as those cars (at least in recent history)?

You know, plastic rear window, no carpet, no stereo, no a/c, no roll-down windows, factory racing seat and harness, etc.?

With the power the LS7 is making you could have a pretty sweet off-the-showroom-floor track car. Cam it up even more and open up the exhaust even more.

Blk/blk
    2007 Z06

Well....they do (and have). It's called the T1. The average, non-racing-affiliated citizen can't buy one however...

Burple
    1966 427 Cobra Replica

Yeah, that's not the same then. The Ferrari and Porsche are perfectly street legal in the markets in which they are sold and anybody with the cash can get one (or wait for one on order). I was just thinking how cool it would be if GM were to make such a car.

Blk/blk
    2007 Z06

I understand your point, but its not too hard to gut down a Vette to make a nasty race car. It's just that most wont do that when you can quite easily have the best of both worlds. Mod the Vette to your heart's content....obviously get some better seats, put in a cage, and voila! - you're blowing by the Stradale and race prepped 911s, etc...

If you have at least some connections the T1 is attainable...probably harder to attain a regular Modena, much less a CS!

Burple
    1966 427 Cobra Replica

I know you can make it into much more for much less than either of those cost. But as far as the mainstream automotive media and their lay-person readership is concerned, it's all about the bone-stock bragging rights.

Blk/blk
    2007 Z06

Then I still dont see a problem as the bone stock C6 Z06 musters at least a 10-15 second better time at the Nurburgring than the CS, and not so much with the GT3 RS, but still ahead of it - even with the creature comforts...

Now....which would I rather own? A 911 GT3-RS, or a Z06 - definitely the 911. If you asked me that with the Ferrari - I'd take the Z.

Burple
    1966 427 Cobra Replica

Really? The Ferrari is sex on wheels! I wouldn't be able to pass it up. I wouldn't have a clue how to get anymore than 70% out of it on a track but geeze... what a looker.

Blk/blk
    2007 Z06

Agree with it being pure sex....but man the maintenance on a Ferrari, plus I'm just more in love with the 911.

I dont think I could drive a GT3 or a CS, not to mention any damn Ferrari anywhere without bursting a vessel inside some place worrying about the car outside...hell I worry with a 40k C5 Z06...

Burple
    1966 427 Cobra Replica

I know, I know. I'm the same way and I only drive an SS. I get nervous if I have to park it where I can't see it. I hate bumpy narrow streets. I avoid traffic.

But, I guess if you can afford to buy one Ferrari you can probably afford two.

Vettish
    Driven both Ferrari 355 spyder (intake, tubi exhaust, no cats, chip) and 2004 996 x50 package Porsche (factory sequential turbos providing 500hp all wheel drive) and the Ferrari gets all the attention but the Porsche will kill it any day in a race. The Porsche x50 is the most amazing car I've driven, these things stock run 11.2 quarter miles. Ha my date for prom last year picked the Ferrari to take and the rear wheel fell off when I was driving it. Car was soo rigid that I was able to pull off the road (with the wheel rolling next to me) and only $0.50 to replace lug nuts (corroded lugs) but I damn near had a heart attack. Took the Ferrari out again one night and lost in a race against a WS6 with full boltons but beat the same guy in my C5.. Ferrari is just a looker that revs high (shift at 9,500) but no torque. I drive Porsche race cars and nothing can ever match the sound of a formula one ferrari.

Adios and vaya con dios ZAPFOOL!!'s Avatar

Victory Red
    2002 Corvette Z06

Quote Originally Posted by Vettish
    Driven both Ferrari 355 spyder (intake, tubi exhaust, no cats, chip) and 2004 996 x50 package Porsche (factory sequential turbos providing 500hp all wheel drive) and the Ferrari gets all the attention but the Porsche will kill it any day in a race. The Porsche x50 is the most amazing car I've driven, these things stock run 11.2 quarter miles. Ha my date for prom last year picked the Ferrari to take and the rear wheel fell off when I was driving it. Car was soo rigid that I was able to pull off the road (with the wheel rolling next to me) and only $0.50 to replace lug nuts (corroded lugs) but I damn near had a heart attack. Took the Ferrari out again one night and lost in a race against a WS6 with full boltons but beat the same guy in my C5.. Ferrari is just a looker that revs high (shift at 9,500) but no torque. I drive Porsche race cars and nothing can ever match the sound of a formula one ferrari.
    and ur 19?

Vettish
    Everyone loves a ritch uncle

Burple
    1966 427 Cobra Replica

Myself, I'd rather be the rich uncle.

Thread Information