Just a souped up sunfire. Ryans99LS1's Avatar

SOM
    99 Trans Am

ABS problems, please help.

Ok so i got my rear end completely rebuilt. New carrier, gears, bearings, shims, and mac diff cover. Im an automatic but got the new posi out of an m6 car so its a torsen unit instead of my original auburn. As im taking off from a dead stop my low traction light comes on. Then when i start slowing down it comes back on and once i hit 30mph or less the abs starts going crazy and pulsing the rear brakes only. After a handfull of stop and go, the ABS INOP light pops up and so does the BRAKE light(as if my ebrake were pulled). Once that happens the ABS stops working and i can stop completely normal. The low traction light also stops popping up at that point. It resets the process everytime i turn the car off. Whats going on? I know it has to be sensor/electrical related but i dont know where to begin with this one. It never did this until i rebuilt the rear. In fact my ABS never even kicked in before this but it never had a reason too.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Have you checked the sensors on the rear yet? I would probably start there. Need to try and pull a code, that will tell you a lot. My understanding is that not all readers will pull abs codes.

1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

Seems obvious to me. Take it back to the shop that rebuilt the rear and tell you have ABS problems since they rebuilt the rear. Tell them you suspect something isn't installed correctly for the rear sensors or the toothed sensor ring. You think they notice that on a road test after they fixed your car

Just a souped up sunfire. Ryans99LS1's Avatar

SOM
    99 Trans Am

yeah i havent actually pulled the sensor in the rear yet, i wasnt sure if it ok to just pull it out. And i called them the next day and they said they didnt notice it but who knows. They said to bring the car back and theyll look into it. But i dont want them to stiff me and make me pay for labor and stuff even though its technically their fault cus it happened when it was in their possession. They had it for 2 weeks too cus we were waiting on the ring and pinion and the shop is also 45 min away.

Thread Information