white
    2002 z28

what set up to beef up 4l60 for speed shop?

well its a Z with some spray on it and really dont know what to to the speed shop to do with it and kinda no knolwed of this. just asking what i should tell them to do or to prefere for them to make my tranny kick ass.

and please give me a rough idea on cost/labor

thanks

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

I highly reccoment this companys rebuild kits http://www.700r4l60e.com/
    The good thing about it is this company makes kits that your tranny shop can install.This guy really knows his stuff. I know a guy that used his rebuild/upgrade kit in his 4L60E in a 95 TA that runs low 9's and the transmission held up perfectly. I was told way over 300 passes no issues. The guy is a member here and helps alot of people with info. etc but I dont see him on here very often. Anyways I have seen first hand and I am a believer. Here are the different rebuild kits https://www.700r4l60e.com/store/home.php?cat=55

If you dont want to rebuild the tranny totally right now then I would go with a transgo shift kit and corvette servos and a tranny cooler and vigilante 3600 stall. Call this place and talk to this guy he will tell you exactly what to do.
    Last edited by LETHALxLS1; 08-18-2007 at 08:32 PM.

SUPREME member-oderator oneBADDz's Avatar

Custom Slate Blue
    99 B4C

IF he doesn't know what to do with a 4l60E, don't let him build yours. Get someone reputable that has a good amount of experience with them

Dana
    What is it that you are trying to do exactly? I need all of the information on what you are running as far as motor modifications? rear end gear ratio? the type of driving you do? what torque converter you are using? and stall? etc.
    Last edited by Pro Built Automatics; 08-19-2007 at 01:44 AM.

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

^ Thats the man I am talking about. He is very smart and builds them for a living. He will help you out.

quick silver
    2005 GTO

I'd do beast sungear shell, 5 pinion planets front and rear Wider 2-4 band Zpack 3/4 and B&M shift kit!

quick silver
    2005 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by BREAKxNECKxSPEED View Post
    I highly reccoment this companys rebuild kits http://www.700r4l60e.com/
    The good thing about it is this company makes kits that your tranny shop can install.This guy really knows his stuff. I know a guy that used his rebuild/upgrade kit in his 4L60E in a 95 TA that runs low 9's and the transmission held up perfectly. I was told way over 300 passes no issues. The guy is a member here and helps alot of people with info. etc but I dont see him on here very often. Anyways I have seen first hand and I am a believer. Here are the different rebuild kits https://www.700r4l60e.com/store/home.php?cat=55

If you dont want to rebuild the tranny totally right now then I would go with a transgo shift kit and corvette servos and a tranny cooler and vigilante 3600 stall. Call this place and talk to this guy he will tell you exactly what to do.
    Holly crap that is one spendy rebuild kit! no reason to change every part inside transmission don't do any good if the builder doesn't know what he's doing!

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

ok well-you dont have to go with the top kit unless you are running 700hp I would think.
    Thats why the guy asked him what mods etc he is running. I dunno man I am no expert by far but I saw a car with a pro built 4l60e run low 9s so I would say thats pretty successful IMO.
    Last edited by LETHALxLS1; 08-19-2007 at 12:04 PM.

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

If he lived near me I would send him to Transmissions Physicians who specializes in f bodies and 4l60e built trannys.

Black
    99 SS

personally i would ditch the 4L60 and go with a TH350 or 400, one to save money and second it will be able to hold much more power then the 4l60.

also make sure you have someone who knows what there doing with the 4L60, i have seen a lot of people mess them up.

white
    2002 z28

wooow thanks everyone well for mods, 150 shot, 3.23s, bolt ons, just want to make it lil stronger if the money is right

SUPREME member-oderator oneBADDz's Avatar

Custom Slate Blue
    99 B4C

If you get someone experienced you won't have problems, I have cam, full bolt-ons, and spray and my built 4l60E has been rock solid so far. I didn't want to go with a 350 or 400 cause I want overdrive.

Thread Information