Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Nissan Titan???

Awaiting Activation

Nissan Titan???

hey all !. any one have any good/bad opinions or knowledge on this truck? thanks

Buy a Chevy

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by spdfrk69 View Post
    hey all !. any one have any good/bad opinions or knowledge on this truck? thanks
    Buy American, industry desperately needs every sale.

PEWTER
    2000 CAMARO SS #3821

It is time to support the homeland, Just because they come here to build does not make it a level playing field. If they pay your salary then o.k. but everything in my state revolves around the american industry. Michigan has the worst economy in the country now because people keep buying foreign.

Awaiting Activation
    i agree with the other guys. Please buy a american truck. Better looks and better power IMO. I would feel like a puss driving a foreign truck.

Black
    2001 Trans-AM WS6

I personally think a Titan looks better than a silverado. Power wise I've never compared since I've never been in the market for a truck.

check out www.titantalk.com for tons of info. you wouldnt feel like a puss with a truck that puts down over 250hp to the wheels and 300ft/lbs. stock would you?

Cyclone Grey Metallic
    2006 GTO

If it is going to be a work truck don't waste money on a gasoline engine. Get a diesel, the Duramax has 360hp and has a 6 speed automatic transmission available.

black
    Twin Turbo C5 Stroker WS6

Buy a Titan...you cant go wrong...all my buddies switched from Chevy and Ford and love it. Silverados are inferior to the Titan and new Tundra in every catagory...towing...payload..quality..etc Its bad enough GM copied the Titan and put bowties on it...and they still dont give you any power. Titan/Tundra5 and 6 speed autos that shift like a dream.

The new Tundra will have 381hp and 400+ torque in any cab/bed. Can you imagine a reg cab short bed with that motor? And the Titans spank the 5.3L GMs. There is no excuse. GM and Ford dont deserve the business until they give a better product for the $$. There is no excuse for a 2007 Silverado not to have better payload, 10,000lbstowing and more power than the competition. I want to buy a new Avalanche, no 8.1L anymore and have to get $6k worth of useless options to get a 360hp 6.0L.$45K and its what a 6000lb vehicle should have standard. Ground clearance is pathetic. No power in the suburban and avalanche at all.
    Last edited by Whocares; 01-18-2007 at 03:53 PM.

Cyclone Grey Metallic
    2006 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by Whocares View Post
    Buy a Titan...you cant go wrong...all my buddies switched from Chevy and Ford and love it. Silverados are inferior to the Titan and new Tundra in every catagory...towing...payload..quality..etc
    Are you on crack? A 3500 dually with a diesel has a higher towing capacity than any Toyota/Nissan.

black

Quote Originally Posted by 91Z28 View Post
    Are you on crack? A 3500 dually with a diesel has a higher towing capacity than any Toyota/Nissan.
    Dude he's talking about a pickup not a work truck. Im comparing 1/2tons..not a $50k diesel dually.

Cyclone Grey Metallic
    2006 GTO

Dude he's talking about a pickup not a work truck. Im comparing 1/2tons..not a $50k diesel dually.
    Look at what I quoted. You said that GM and Ford can't touch Nissan/Toyota in payload and towing capacity. The Titan has a 317hp engine new this year, far less than the competition. Toyota will get the 381 later this year, right now it has 265. Even then the Sierra for sure is getting the 403hp/417tq L92. Toyota and Nissan do not have the best truck powertrains.

black

Look at what I quoted. You said that GM and Ford can't touch Nissan/Toyota in payload and towing capacity. The Titan has a 317hp engine new this year, far less than the competition. Toyota will get the 381 later this year, right now it has 265. Even then the Sierra for sure is getting the 403hp/417tq L92. Toyota and Nissan do not have the best truck powertrains.
    Congrats...no one but you would compare a diesel dually to a Titan.

The Titan will whip a 5.3L GM...ive raced them both...owned the 5.3L. Read the post that talks about rwhp.

Old tundras were junk..the new one will be the best pickup ever according to all press...but hmm..gm just came out with a new model...and no one is excited. The SIerra has no chance in hell of getting the L92. Its a miracle they let you get the 6.0L in the 1/2ton now...10yrs too late. And you have to get the SLT trim...$35k..all the bullshit options...just to pay $1700 for the 6.0L. Whats wrong with that picture? Leather to get a big motor is bull.

Cyclone Grey Metallic
    2006 GTO

Congrats...no one but you would compare a diesel dually to a Titan.

The Titan will whip a 5.3L GM...ive raced them both...owned the 5.3L. Read the post that talks about rwhp.

Old tundras were junk..the new one will be the best pickup ever according to all press...but hmm..gm just came out with a new model...and no one is excited. The SIerra has no chance in hell of getting the L92. Its a miracle they let you get the 6.0L in the 1/2ton now...10yrs too late. And you have to get the SLT trim...$35k..all the bullshit options...just to pay $1700 for the 6.0L. Whats wrong with that picture? Leather to get a big motor is bull.
    Sierra has been confirmed to get the L92, we'll see on the Silverado. Ok great, the 5.3 loses to the titan. Then get a Chevy/GMC with the 345hp 6.0. You have a truck with 1 engine vs a truck with about 6.

Cyclone Grey Metallic
    2006 GTO

Either way, GM trucks have the most hp still. Silverado is available with the LS2 right now, and the Sierra Denali is scheduled for the L92. And you CAN build a 2500 Silverado with the Duramax for 35k. That engine will live longer than ANY Toyota/Nissan engine, even under work conditions. The rear end on the Titan looks about as stout as a 10 bolt too.

red
    98 transam

buy nissan frontier good on gas has good power

The Herpes of LS1.com Modulistic's Avatar

gray
    07 duramax

Buy American.

rice burning trucks. who would have thought it would come to this?

black

Either way, GM trucks have the most hp still. Silverado is available with the LS2 right now, and the Sierra Denali is scheduled for the L92. And you CAN build a 2500 Silverado with the Duramax for 35k. That engine will live longer than ANY Toyota/Nissan engine, even under work conditions. The rear end on the Titan looks about as stout as a 10 bolt too.
    I dont know man...there is no GM truck getting the LS2...its a 6.0L iron block motor with sustantially less HP than an LS2.

My buddies Duramax had issues..not as many as the new shitty Ford Diesels that are in the shop getting head gaskets routinely. Ford is getting rid of that motor after 3 years of warranty pain.

All im saying is the Titan is a great option if you care about truck capabilities in a 1/2ton and resale. And its 3 years old not brand new. If the new Tundra lives up to the hype you may see a new Truck leader because of the failure of GM to use the tools in its toolbox.

Cyclone Grey Metallic
    2006 GTO

I dont know man...there is no GM truck getting the LS2...its a 6.0L iron block motor with sustantially less HP than an LS2.

My buddies Duramax had issues..not as many as the new shitty Ford Diesels that are in the shop getting head gaskets routinely. Ford is getting rid of that motor after 3 years of warranty pain.

All im saying is the Titan is a great option if you care about truck capabilities in a 1/2ton and resale. And its 3 years old not brand new. If the new Tundra lives up to the hype you may see a new Truck leader because of the failure of GM to use the tools in its toolbox.
    The new Silverado looks like it is going to stay on top, even the stupid car magazines gave it truck of the year. I'm pretty sure the Silverado SS has the LS2.

Compulsive F bomb dropper sgt0704's Avatar

silver
    1998 Z28

If I remember correctly, Nissian got bought out by an American corporation. So i think that makes them American now..

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information