Thread: Window Tint

02SlamAirTA

Window Tint

I'm looking to get my windows tinted. Any suggestions on what brand to use or what brand to stay away from? (It'll have to be legal %'s all around.)
    Thanks in advance.

SUCKIN GAS AND HAULIN A$$ LIGHTS_OUT's Avatar

White
    1998 Pontiac TransAm WS7

go here this well help you out http://www.tintcenter.com/laws/

BLACK
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by 02SlamAirTA
    I'm looking to get my windows tinted. Any suggestions on what brand to use or what brand to stay away from? (It'll have to be legal %'s all around.)
    Thanks in advance.
    If you insist on staying legal in Virginia, you're pretty much wasting your time. Legal limit on sides is 50%, which is totally worthless. You can put 35% on the back, which is OK.
    I live in Va. and put 35% on back AND sides. I was initially concerned about passing Va. state inspection, but the place that did the work told me as far as the safety inspection is concerned, you could quote, "paint your windows black." Apparently, tint is not something on their list to check during the state inspection.
    I've never been stopped by the cops for tint, and it's gone thru state inspection twice since I had it done. If I had it to do over, I'd probably go a bit darker.

Red
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

A good brand to use is Madico Onyx. Comes with a lifetime warranty against fading. I paid $200 for my back glass 5% and since I'm in Cali, I could only go 55% on my sides

two tone
    2003 harley davidson f150

55%?????? damn that make your window clearer than stock? JK lol.... legal here is 35% wish is too damn clear... i put 18% on my front door windows and the rear are bout the same... with the dark interior it looks solid black =)

for my white trans am it was $140 to do door windows and rear glass in 4% 3M
    then another $60 to REdo the front doors after getting a $75 ticket and 4 warnings the first week out of the tint shop... so i REdid them with 20% and didn't get pulled over anymore after that =)

the silver TA had near 12% but was already done when i got it....

the truck's front two doors was $40 for 18%
    Last edited by EVL LS1; 10-03-2005 at 01:12 PM.

redls1bird
    my trans am had 30% on it when i got it, both doors and rear glass. the right side door is starting to peel where the rear of the window meets the door seal. time to redo it again.... maybe 20% this time..

02SlamAirTA

Window Tint

Trust me...I know what the law is. I'm looking for Brands to consider our not consider... that's it.
    Last edited by 02SlamAirTA; 10-04-2005 at 02:09 PM. Reason: Re-addressing the original question

02SlamAirTA

Window Tint

Quote Originally Posted by Redphoenix1998
    A good brand to use is Madico Onyx. Comes with a lifetime warranty against fading. I paid $200 for my back glass 5% and since I'm in Cali, I could only go 55% on my sides
    Thanks for answering the question.

Red
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

Your Welcome

BlackHawk T/A
    My Hatch has a real dark tint and I can't see shit at night because of it...can barely even make out the cars behind me when i'm trying to park...no idea what % it is but it's gonna come off.

1999 Chevy Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by BlackHawk T/A
    My Hatch has a real dark tint and I can't see shit at night because of it...can barely even make out the cars behind me when i'm trying to park...no idea what % it is but it's gonna come off.
    Probably limo dark (5-10%). I have that on my side windows, heh heh. I usually have my windows down at night, so it doesn't bother me. But you can't really see out of it, as well. But it looks cool !!

Rob

BlackHawk T/A
    Well it's bad when its on the hatch and you have to parallel park...I swear i'm gonna hit something eventually.

Black
    2002 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by Redphoenix1998
    Redphoenix, don't come down south to Irvine. The Irvine Police made me take my side tint off and it was only a medium tint (which I think is about 50%). They told me by law, no tinting is allowed on the front side windows. Since we only have the two windows on the sides, those are the ones we can't tint. I don't think the cop checking my car appreciated that I was pointing out all the illegally tinted cars parked in their parking lot when I went to show them that I had my side tint removed.

Thread Information