Thread: Fuel pump

Black
    1998 Camaro Z28

Fuel pump

Well, I decided to bring up the maintence on my newly aquired camaro since the guy before me probably didnt do much. I changed the belt, put a set of TR55 plugs in, and then a couple days later went for the fuel filter. Looks like it was original as with the belt, after changing the filter, the pump decided it dosent want to work anymore. Couple people I know said they have seen this happen to cars before. I have power going to the pump at the back of the car so, guess it just crapped on me. I was looking into my options as far as a replacement pump goes. What seems like the best option, im not going to forced induction the car, its gonna stay NA, but its got a SLP exhaust, headers, SLP airbox, K+N filter. Is a stock pump my best choice? I seen the racetronix setup which looks nice and all but do I really need all that? Just looking for opinions on what to go with for my setup.

Also do the walboro pumps whine really bad in these cars like the other ones? I do alot of performance work on Mitsubishis and when people there put the walboro pumps in its really annoying whine unless the radio is up.

SILVER
    2000 Z/28

from what iv'e read the racetronix is your best bet aside from buying a new factory system which is pretty expensive. you've probly already checked it out being you mentioned the racetronix setup but just in case you havent here you go http://racetronix.com/RX-F99-FPKG-2.html . it will explain it better than i could. hope it helps!

Black
    1998 Camaro Z28

Yeah, I looked into stock replacement and the racetronix setup is cheaper and way nicer then the stock shit, so.... looks like ill be putting that setup in next week. Till then I guess im back to driving one of my other cars, and pushing the camaro in and out of the shop till next week.

Thread Information