green
    94 z28

A few electrical problems.

Well, when I first got my car the part that has the window buttons was popped out and couldn't be put back in. I just figured it broke on accident. After the windows stopped working, I bought a new motor for the driver side and took the panel off. Then I noticed obvious work has been done before, but I figured it was just a window motor. At school one day, I noticed that the font driver side door and fender has been re-painted. The title is clear, by the way.

So a few weeks ago I was messing with the popped out controls after I figured out that the windows didn't work because of the motor, but the wires connecting to the plastic part that popped out. Then I seen smoke, so I had to stop. After that, it didn't rain for a few weeks and just recently I had to use them and they wouldn't work. Luckily I was almost home and it wasn't raining that hard. I then found out while I was driving that I could hit the plastic piece that was popped out and it would cut the CD player off for a second and it'd come back on. Then I didn't drive the camaro for about 2 weeks and this morning when I was going to school the CD player wouldn't even come on.

So, anyone know what the problem is? Could it all be linked to those wires that started to smoke on the back side of the controls on the driver side door? Any idea how much those usually cost to be replaced and put back in?

navy blue metallic
    2001 trans am

dude, they unplug and plug right in! check all your fuses and take a good look at your current window switch, make sure theres no crap in the holes and are dry befroe you spend money on a new one or from EBAY

green
    94 z28

Quote Originally Posted by sic2001 View Post
    dude, they unplug and plug right in! check all your fuses and take a good look at your current window switch, make sure theres no crap in the holes and are dry befroe you spend money on a new one or from EBAY
    Yes, I know that part for the windows is from the controls of the driver door as the wires are a little fucked up. I'm just wondering if the CD player and windshield wipers are comming from the same problem as well.

Thread Information