Thread: Nitrous help...

Nitrous help...

Went to the track yesterday for the first time, made a few motor passes, then sprayed it. Heres the story...150 shot. Left hard, 1st gear was great, after that all through 2nd, 3rd the car was serging on the spray, not missing or poping. Bottle preassure was between 1000-1050, I am stumped, It is a NX Gemini kit. I called NX they told me to check the lines, etc for any debri, or something blocking the flow. Hopefully I can get some good input. I only made the 1 N20 passes due to that. thanx.

Not being familiar with the Gemini kit, you need to either describe it or tell what you have for safety features. For instance is the kit wet or dry? if wet and you have a fuel pressure pressure safety switch, your fuel pump may not be keeping up. In which case the power to the nitrous solenoid will be cut to protect your engine etc.... Need more information to help diagnose.

White
    1998 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by OldskoolRcr01 View Post
    Went to the track yesterday for the first time, made a few motor passes, then sprayed it. Heres the story...150 shot. Left hard, 1st gear was great, after that all through 2nd, 3rd the car was serging on the spray, not missing or poping. Bottle preassure was between 1000-1050, I am stumped, It is a NX Gemini kit. I called NX they told me to check the lines, etc for any debri, or something blocking the flow. Hopefully I can get some good input. I only made the 1 N20 passes due to that. thanx.
    Hi, Surging is not enough fuel... Step down to the 125 shot or add more fuel. That's assuming the bottle is mounted correctly. I added more fuel on mine with the HP Tuners software, to get the most out of my 150 dry shot !!!

Pewter
    2002 WS6

Another possibility is that you dont have your siphon tube in the correct location. Make sure your bottle is mounted so that the siphon is pointed to the bottom of the bottle.

While HSW's kit requires the feed point to the ground, some bottles are different... Just a thought.

-Eagle
    | '02 WS6 M6 | KOOKS/ORY | LC-1 | LOU'S SS | UMI SFCs | BMN LCAs & RELOC's | Hotchkis STB | HSW 150 shot | Lid | 42# Lucas | HPTuner Pro |

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

Quote Originally Posted by bills98ta View Post
    Hi, Surging is not enough fuel... Step down to the 125 shot or add more fuel. That's assuming the bottle is mounted correctly. I added more fuel on mine with the HP Tuners software, to get the most out of my 150 dry shot !!!
    if he had a dry kit, he could try doing what you did. the gemini kit is a wet kit.

http://www.shopatron.com/product/par...20215-05/300.0

need to look at bottle position, amount in the bottle, fuel pressure when the surging happens, etc.. to figure out what's happening.
    Cold Air Intake, Muffler Delete, Vinci High Performance Dual Valve Springs, Hardened Pushrods, Yella Terra 1.85 Rockers, Some Hydropdipped Stuff, Strut Tower Brace, Some SS Badges, boost/vacuum gauge, fuel pressure gauge, some checkered stripes, drilled/slotted rotors, ZL1addons Stealth wickerbill, Ruxifey LED side markers

Correct the Gemini kit is wet, there is no fuel saftey cut off switch at this time, soon to come, fuel pump is a 255 Walbro. As for the syphone tube, could I get some sort of referance or idea where the tube should be angled with out opening it up. For instance the bottles are mounted in the back where the top of the rear set was basicly straight up and down with a slight angle. Thank you.

Funny I justed pulled the lines off to check the jetting and the fuel side has 1 number larger jet in it, then is recomended on the jetting table, wonder why.
    Last edited by OldskoolRcr01; 09-18-2007 at 01:46 PM.

The siphon tube on a HSW bottle is opposite the label, dunno about the NX bottles. The directions should tell you. Also get the jetting correct. Sometimes different jets are used to control AFR, but you don't talk about getting it tuned so .....stick with the recommended jetting.

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

most companies point the siphon tube in the same direction as the bottle nut where the line hooks to the bottle. i've only seen one company do it 90* from the nut and that's ny-trex.

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

Quote Originally Posted by OldskoolRcr01 View Post
    For instance the bottles are mounted in the back where the top of the rear set was basicly straight up and down with a slight angle. Thank you.

my guess is you have the bottle nut pointed towards the front of the car. assuming this, it tells me the siphon tube is pointed forwards and the bottle is tilted towards the back of the car. when you accelerate, the nitrous goes towards the rear of the car. when full, this doesn't really cause a problem. as you start going empty, the siphon tube is getting uncovered.

Assuming this Gemini kit uses a mechanical switch to determine open throttle; one place I would be looking is that switch. Is it possible that it is set so close that it could be intermittently making contact when your foot is down?

I have added LEDs and a buzzer to my zex kit to tell me when my circuits are closed (energized). I do things like this to know when the solenoids are open and switches are functioning. If the buzzer cuts off or an LED goes out, I know to check a particular circuit or component.

^ Very cool idea

Thread Information