View Poll Results: Are some Vette owners snobs?

Voters
96. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

43 44.79%
  • No

36 37.50%
  • I haven't noticed, but I wouldbn't be surprised

17 17.71%
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Are Vette owners snobs?

I don't want to stereotype all Vette owners as knobs, but I have noticed more than a few who act like they are king shit. Usually it's the ones driving the newer more expensive Vettes, and especially the older guys. Sort of remind me of BMW owners. I don't want to start a war of words on Corvettes, but I find the guys on the Firebirds/Camaro/Mustangs sites to be much more likeable and easier to associate and make friends with. I think it is no doubt that some people who own newer Vettes believe that because they have an expensive car like that, they are rich and chicks dig them.

What do you think?

98 Formula
    06 duramax

I know a bunch of vette guys and I'd say on the average they're no different than any other group of car guys. You're gonna find the same types of people in all the car cliches. Gm guys that think their car is better than a ford and vice versus. Then domestic guys that think their cars are better than imports and vice versus.

Sebring Silver
    2000 CamaroSS

Might as well have a poll asking are some criminals murderers, the answer would be the same.
    YES.....SOME are

Silver, Black
    03 Viper, 05 Escalade

Some are, but I've met and talked to many that are just as cool as the people here....there is a corvette forum out there and it seems to me that some of them think they are above others.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Many Vette owners have spent the past 25 years raising kids/paying the mortgage/putting kids through college/taking the family on vacation/taking shit from an idiot boss for years etc. Then they finally get to go buy the car of their dreams.....so I understand many of them act ( and really beleive) that they have something very very special that only a select few get to have....
    I understand...and am happy for em....then I blow their fucking doors off as I leave
    This is my signature. It is mine. Nobody else has one like it.

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

i've met old guys with chopped and slammed mercury 8's and they have the same attitude. normally old people and younger people just don't jive when it comes to high performance cars. I like it for the tq rush, they like it for the "eww, look what i got" [we all know sarge threw the curve though]

apachewhat if you owned a vette? do you think the guys who own porsche's and exotics are gonna welcome you into their circle? fuck no. Their is an eletist factor that goes into owning a high priced car.

Black
    99 Z28

Not all of them by any means, but I run into that a lot. Some guys that own them are cool as heck, but others are snobbish. They're the kind that look at you like you fell out of a tree when you give them a wave from our slow f-bodies

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

i get that look alot...i don't know why...and it doesn't always happen when waving...i think people just stare at me...dunno why?

Burple
    1966 427 Cobra Replica

I'm gonna have to agree with all of the above. Some are, but they have somewhat of a right to be. Afterall, they did spend more than 2X what I did on my SS. But, like many Bimmer owners, their pride can be easily stained by a properly driven F-body or Goat, just not quiet as easily as it is to stomp a snotty yuppie in a 330 Bimmer.

Burple
    1966 427 Cobra Replica

I had and uncle with a lightly modded '94 Corvette. He and my aunt would do track days up in Kansas quite frequently. He loved to recount his tale of passing a race-prepped Turbo Porsche down a straight from the passenger seat of the Corvette. He swore up and down that it was all the Corvette, nothing's better than a Corvette!

However, he didn't usually mention that the person driving the Corvette was the local track's professional race instructor and the Porsche driver was just some rich noob.

Awaiting Activation

pewter

it's a 50/50 split on this one... i have a vette and like to talk to any car ppl's as long as it not some ricer trying to tell me how he can burn rubber all the way into 6th gear in his RSX (happened to me yesterday in class)

on the vette forum there is alot of cool guys to talk to, help fix a problem w/ your car, and on the other hand there are the members that you just don't wanna talk to and wish would get off the forum

1966 Corvette Coupe

i voted yes we are snobs, but i would say most fall more under the jack ass category... i know i do well not because of the vette...

-me

p.s. i actually avoid most vette owners to hang out with the camaro/stang guys... vette drivers normally are in it for the look... im in it cause its fast and handles well...most vette guys dont talk about performance mods or talk shit back and forth with rice... its more like "my altell stock split today. har har har".... bah on that...

and though the vette does have a status thrown onto it that alot of sports cars dont have, normally i receive more distaste from ppl since i own a vette than i receive respect...
    Last edited by predator; 10-17-2006 at 09:22 AM.

Arctic White
    2000 TransAm

I used to own a Vette, so I'll say yea, alot are snobs, that makes it especially fun to blow them away. Most Vette owners do no realize that our cars have LS1's.
    2000TA, ARCTIC WHITE, 6 SPD
    ALL THE USUAL STUFF
    A MILE HIGH & A SECOND SLOWER

Eh, I dont believe this poll is accurate.

The common people I see driving vettes are old men and women. Neither one usually knows shit about their car, much less know how to race. They see the name, they (i hope) know it has a V8, etc. To them its just "bling."

As far as beating a 'person' in a corvette when in a race, the owner of the vette is going to say the same thing we all would when they lost.

"He mustve done something to that car."

Even if you tell them its stock, you think theyd believe you?
    99 T/A M6
    LS6 intake, Hooker Coated Long Tubes, Y-pipe w/1 carsound cat, Hooker Catback, MTi Clear Lid, FRA w/ Holley Power Shot, ASP crank pulley, 1.8 RRs, 3.73s w/TA girdle & Eaton Differential, Granatelli SFCs, Pro 5.0 Shifter, LS6 Clutch, Diablo, TByrnes Maf Ends (in winter), All the Free Mods

2nd last of the lt1s EVAR 94z28l's Avatar

purple pearl metalic
    1994 Z28 Camaro

just like everyone else has said, some are but it seems to me that a majority are no

Navy Blue Metallic
    '99 T/A WS6 M6

Exclamation

YES....60-70% of them..period.
    99 WS6 M6 NBM !Cags,!Cats,Vinci/Crane,Hurst,Detroit TruTrac,3:73,31 Splne,Edel.Race LT's,ORY,QTEC,Flow,ARP,Percy,MSD,SLP,AC/DELCO,Bosch,GMPP,Cntrfrce DF,Htchkiss,Susp.Tech,Lakewood,285's,Bilstein,Pro-kit,SLP,RK Sprt,A/Meter,Red Optima,Magnaflow S/S Tips,Hd Pins,Tint,Fire.Ex,[*4 Hot Rod Power Tours*]

91RS 99Z28 11GT 86Bronco

I have a 98 myself in flawless condition and I tell you its an ego booster. I don't get any attention in any of my other camaros but I do in the corvette.... and as for attention...you know what I mean.

I am 19 too so that kinda adds to the equation. I think some of us work very hard to be an owner of a vette and we like to drown ourselves in it. In turn you get a cocky attitude. I have cought myself waiving to a LT1 Z28...boy did I get a look back.
    1998 Z51 Corvette
    1999 Z28 M6

millenium yellow
    2002 corvette Z06

well... im not a snob... and im not old either.. (26)

but then again..... snobs drive many times of cars....
    315rwhp 98 SILVER Z28 (3500lbs)- SOLD
    400rwhp 99 HUGGER SS (3375lbs)- SOLD
    340rwhp 02 YELLOW Z06 (3040lbs)

Blog Entries

09 EclipseGT 75 Chevy 4x4
    2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

I think most are. When I'm driving my TA no one in a vette will wave if I give them a wave. When I'm driving my vette other vette owners are waving their arms off regardless of if I wave or not.

member since may 2000 nhraformula's Avatar

black
    2000 nhra edition formula

vette owners talk as much shit as stang owners, camaro owner and trans am owners.
    only thing is 9 times out of 10 they have more money than the latter three.
    truthfully its the younger guys in f-bodies and mustangs that talk more shit.
    2000 nhra edition formula
    a few bolt ons, 379 rwhp
    11.96 @113.25

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information