Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    UberTapping Friction Pimp Anthracis's Avatar

18D Cock Diesel
    1999 Z28; 98 SS #2043 RIP

Angry Online SCAM targeting LS1 Owners!!!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=260107650909

I paid over $2600.00 to this guy. I got nothing in return. No communication. No nothing. His name is Christopher Caprio and his website was www.capriomotorsports.com. After I paid him, the website was taken down and his company telephone number no longer works.

The telephone number for this company is also disconnected now. I got scammed and hope that you guys be careful about online shopping. His shop address is listed as: 3870 Sandpiper Drive, Hanover Park, IL 60133. The number is (630) 247-6875 but it no longer is any good.

I contacted paypal and ebay but they have done nothing! Don't believe all of the BS about your transactions being secure. I am an educated guy and I checked his ratings and thought that he was an honest business owner. Apparently, I was wrong.

I even contacted my bank! No one seems to help!

Just be careful out there. I am now out $2600+!!!!!!! If you guys know of anything else I can do, please let me know. I need y'alls help!

Thanks guys!!

Black
    2004 Z06

If you paid by Paypal .... you need to file a Paypal claim which should be good to $2000.

Go to Paypal, log in, go to your payment and scroll down to Resolution Center. File a claim.

18D Cock Diesel

Been there done that...seller does not respond. Paypal in standby. I doubt if they will come through. I hope that they do! Ebay won't even take the claim because it was through paypal. I contacted my bank but they have to wait until paypal is done. I am just screwed all the way around.

maybe somebody from that area can go check him out. id fly out there for $2600 if thats really his address. sorry to hear man ,its a shame that so many scumbags are out to rob trusting people

here is a link someone posted (might work for that company) on a diff. forum that might get you some leads:

http://www.eastcoastfbody.com/member...d=763&forum=28

Black
    2004 Z06

Quote Originally Posted by Anthracis View Post
    Been there done that...seller does not respond. Paypal in standby. I doubt if they will come through. I hope that they do! Ebay won't even take the claim because it was through paypal. I contacted my bank but they have to wait until paypal is done. I am just screwed all the way around.
    You have to be patient and read your Paypal Resolution Claim Daily.
    Paypal says you have to wait 20 days ... but ... after about 3 days to a week, and if the seller doesn't answer, you may bump it up to a claim.

Then Paypal does all the contact to the seller for you.
    The sellers paypal is already locked up for the amount of the claim so he can't use Paypal nor move his money ... unless he already did it.

But, Eventually you will be paid.

here ya go man try this one, it matches the address :

Caprio, Jacqueline
    3870 Sandpiper Dr
    Hanover Park, IL 60133-6106

(630) 830-3374

Paid 2 Post Daycrew SexOnWheels's Avatar

Blood Red
    Z28

You will paid out it will just take some time.

I do not know why you would not just go through a vender as the price is usually better then that eBay ad especially if you get in on a GP?

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

pieces of fuckign dog shit...I HATE EBAY

Blue
    00 Z28 6Spd / 03 Z71 LT

yup, sure do have to be extra careful using ebay.

18D Cock Diesel

I like to have trust in people. I tend to believe that most people are good...and they are. But a-holes like this ruin it for those good people. I have fought and bled for this country so that a-holes like that can do this to good people. What a f'in joke!

Like the saying goes...Fool me once, shame on you...fool me twice, shame on ME!!!!

This will not happen to me again. I guarantee it! And, I will get some sort of satisfaction...and it may just have to be in GIC!

Thanks guys! If someone does a driveby of that location, please let me know what you see. Thanks again guys!!

Quote Originally Posted by whitelightnin99 View Post
    here ya go man try this one, it matches the address :

Caprio, Jacqueline
    3870 Sandpiper Dr
    Hanover Park, IL 60133-6106

(630) 830-3374
    did that # do you any good? might be the kids moms house or something

18D Cock Diesel

Just an answering machine. I left him a pissed off message. I hope if it is his mom, she knocks some sense into him. If its his wife, hope she sees what a loser he is that he has to scam money out of people.

It is a starting point anyways. I also posted on ls1tech and eastcoastfbodyperformance forums about this guy. Hopefully someone knows him or something. I am anxiously awaiting new developments in this case.

Red
    2000 Camaro SS #2364

That is pitiful!! I had a gal from Texas that was selling on Ebay shit me outta $70.00 around Christmas, she had 1000 perfect feedback then screwed about 15 to 20 other bidders also, it took about 6 to 8 weeks before paypal gave me back my money. Good luck and keep us posted!

White/Blue
    99 Trans Am

Hey man, I am 1 town to the west. If I get a chance I can take a ride by and see if it's a house or business. Anything specific you want to know ?

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

Kill em!

18D Cock Diesel

Not really, just see if its a business or a house. I don't want to scare anyone's family or nothing. Believe it or not, I don't really hate the guy. You never know what his situation is. Maybe he's losing his house or something, sounds like he already lost his business.

But that's no excuse to rip people off. I work hard for my money as do all of you. But I don't want to scare the guy's family. Just see if its residential if you happen to go by. He will get his eventually. Not everyone is many states away! There will be GIC from someone!!

We dont even know for sure if that is an old address or what? You understand? He may have moved long ago...who knows?

Be cool guys...let's wait and see what's what with PayPal and my bank. I do have some friends still in the military posted close by. I may have them pay this guy a visit if its his business address.

Overall assessment: this whole shit just plain sucks!

white/black
    2000 z28

good luck, I feel your pain!

2nd last of the lt1s EVAR 94z28l's Avatar

purple pearl metalic
    1994 Z28 Camaro

its too bad there isnt like an option for some sort of temp. escrow account for purchases that exceed paypal limits or something for when shit like this does happen

18D Cock Diesel

Thanks a lot guys. So far here is what I know. I just got a hold of someone who claims to be the STEPSON of this Christopher Caprio. "Dan" is the name he claimed. But the way he spoke, his intonation, his vocal patterns, and everything else, his demeanor, etc...all fit with the birthday of 5/9/83. I was able to gather this from other sites he frequented. The number I was able to get for this guy was (630) 830-3374. This is how I got a hold of him.

I know this guy's address, DOB, name, name of his relative Jacqueline Caprio, and other info. I contacted the Hanover Park Police Department and spoke to the desk Sargeant. He said that an investigator would be contacting me in the morning and will follow up on the case.

Also, the idiots at my bank processed my claim incorrectly so there is another couple of days lost due to stupidity. PayPal is still investigating the claim as well. And Ebay too. We'll see what happens. I know the police will be to his house in the morning. At least that is good.

I also spoke to the IC3. The Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3) is a partnership between the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) and the National White Collar Crime Center (NW3C). We will see what that leads to as well.

That's it for now! Stand by for more developments soon. I will get this guy. Karma is a motherf@cker!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information