anyone ever get dtc after ls6 intake swap?

i got p0121 after ls6 intake install. also the traction control off light stays on and when i put the car in drive it surges on and off meaning the idle is funky. i already know what this code means to a certain extent. anyone ?
    01 SS A4 3.23-LID-CAI-LTS-ORY-CB-STALL-TUNED-326rwh,335rwt
    60'-1.666, 1/4-11.918@112.83MPH

98 Formula
    06 duramax

I assume you've checked the connection to the throttle position sensor?

Token V6 Guy

Silver
    2000 Grand Prix GTP

yeah, thats not intake related
    Support for HPTuners

Quote Originally Posted by foff667 View Post
    yeah, thats not intake related
    my ass it isnt. some people get that code after installing a bigger intake or cam. that code will also disable traction control. Oh yeah, and it very well can be intake related

98 Formula
    06 duramax

After looking at the schematic I wonder if you don't have a wire screwed up somewhere. At first it kinda sounds like a vacuum leak but I'm assuming you've covered those. Chase the wires coming off of your TP sensor. It looks like your sensor and antilock brakes share that circuit. Actually, before you get to that point check fuses. The grey is the 5v reference the dk blue is the sensor and antilock feed and the black is the ground. Check fuses first then look at either those wires or the connector. Not sure if this will help you but it'll at least rule the wires out. I would double and triple check all of your connections to be sure they're connected well and don't have any corrosion or something. It's usually something very simple that you've missed a few times already. Good luck and keep me posted on what you find.

yeah sorry i didnt answer you i'v been all over the place with this issue. well i ruled a vacume leak out because the weird idle is only there when my foot is on the brake in drive. The car drives great. After driving it a while the weird idle isnt so much anymore. I really think its the pcm learning because at first i would put it in drive with my foot on the brake and it would surge up to 1500 then go down to maybee 500-400. It would do that a few times and then it would find an idle at like 700-800 and would be fine. So I think the idle problem i was having may be over.But i'm having other issues after this install which I beleive are related but not sure. The manual says that the p0121 code is set if the pcm detects the predicted throtle position is below the actual tp sensor value. I have heard that when you set this code it disables the asr for some reason. Also i have heard I need a tune so they can raise the TPS test min and max MAP values or something like this.I would love to hear more about this because this is driving me nuts

98 Formula
    06 duramax

When I did my LS6 intake it was a plug and play mod. I didn't really have to do anything although I did tune it because I did a shaner TB at the same time but as far as my idle everything was fine. Have you tried taking propane and going around the intake and lines with it to see if your idle changes? I would do that if you haven't. It will find a vacuum leak and is a lot safer than using carb cleaner. Spend some time around your TB and the rear of the intake to make sure there's not a leak there. I have the idle relearn procedure somewhere. I can dig that up if you need it. Basically it's let it idle in park for 5 min then drive for 5 min with the a/c off then 5 more with the a/c on if I remember correctly.
    After you figure this out you're going to say "damn, I looked at that 5 or 6 times". Been there before. It's always the little stupid stuff that gets you. I know how frustrating it can get. You'll get it figured out, just keep after it.

problem solved. these problems i was having was ALL because i rewired my map sensor wire harness wrong after i ripped it out on accident trying to take the intake out the 3rd fucking time It is confirmed, a messed up map sensor wire will set off a tps code.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

It's details like that that would've helped narrow the problem down.

Glad you got it fixed.

thanks for your replys and help

Thread Information