Black 99 Z71
    Red 01 Z28 M6

ws6store short stick

So I just ordered WS6store's short stick, I figured it was worth 25 bucks to see how well it shortens throws and hits 3rd. Im new to the F body world so Im wondering if it actually works well or not. Thanks!

Velocity Yellow
    2008 Corvette Z06

Quote Originally Posted by zachj03 View Post
    So I just ordered WS6store's short stick, I figured it was worth 25 bucks to see how well it shortens throws and hits 3rd. Im new to the F body world so Im wondering if it actually works well or not. Thanks!
    Get the Pro 5.0 shifter assembly first. A shorter stick is not necessarily going to shorten a throw. I dunno.... something about where the stick pivits in the assembly is where you will get your short shifts.

Pewter Metallic
    2000 Chevy Camaro Z28

I have it installed...I like it but its not a short throw its only a short stick!!! get the pro 5.0 shifter like the above poster said

SOM
    2002 WS6 M6 - 461hp 406tq

I have the factory Hurst and put a short stick on it and it made a HUGE difference.

Black
    1998 Camaro SS M6 #1871

I got the pro 5.0 shifter with the ws6 store stick. I didn't like the ws6store stick that much, I took it off and just used the pro 5.0 stick instead. It was very close to the console and hit in certain gears, just too low for my preference. The pro 5.0 shifter and stick are a nice feel, basically looks stick, but much snappier and notchy over stock. I hope you end up liking it though.

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Like the other guys said, get the Pro 5.0 shifter first.

See how you like that, and if you still want a shorter stick, get the WS6 Store short stick.

I have the Pro 5.0/WS6 short stick on my car, and I've been very happy with it. Gears are precise and quick, and I no longer punch the radio when I grab 3rd
    1998 Trans Am WS6 SGM
    Lid, Pro 5.0, WS6 Short Stick, LS7 Clutch, TB Bypass, Detroit TrueTrac, Poly Mounts, Bilstein Shocks, LS6 Intake, SFCs, CTS-V Brake Upgrade, STB, Nitto 555's. SS Longtube Headers and True Duals w/ H pipe and Magnaflows. Tuned by Harris Speed Works. 341.4WHP/346.1 lb/ft.

Black 99 Z71
    Red 01 Z28 M6

The car has the hurst shifter on it already, thats why I decided to just try the shorter shaft since it already has a Hurst base. Figured it was worth 25 bucks to see how it feels before I get a pro 5.0. And I hope its not too too low and looks ricey or somethin. Ha ha

Silver
    2003 GTI 1.8T :(

my car had the hurst short throw and i did the ws6store stick... it felt amazing... going to a pro 5.0 willchange the feel... yes i have driven both... and i would say its beter... but not worth the money over what you have already... unless you are out of things to mod

"Arrest Me Red"
    2001 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by aerojt View Post
    I got the pro 5.0 shifter with the ws6 store stick. I didn't like the ws6store stick that much, I took it off and just used the pro 5.0 stick instead. It was very close to the console and hit in certain gears, just too low for my preference. The pro 5.0 shifter and stick are a nice feel, basically looks stick, but much snappier and notchy over stock. I hope you end up liking it though.
    this is what i say to i have the pro 5.0 and ws6 store stic but i thout it was to short so i just put the 5.0 back on i love it

Black
    1998 Z28 M6

I dont know how short the WS6 store stick is but i have the pro 5.0 (definitely get it like everyone else is saying...HUGE improvement) and i have a Lou's short stick which is tiny and i love it...it doesnt hit anywhere and IMO its def not too short

Heres how short it is...

Black 99 Z71
    Red 01 Z28 M6

That looks perfect! I ordered and put on the Pro 5.0 and put the short stick on it. It felt real awkward like it sat over towards the passenger seat too far. Felt like second gear was where fourth used to be. I put the Pro 5.0 taller shaft back on because its angled towards the driver and it felt alot better. My buddy has an after market Hurst short throw shifter on his vette and it feels ALOT better than my pro 5.0. My Pro 5.0 doesnt really feel like it shortened the throws very much, but does feel alot stronger and has shift stops over the factory Hurst one I had in.
    2001 Z28 M6
    SLP Loudmouth 1 catback, functional ram air hood, Pro 5.0 shifter, free mods, HSW wet nitrous kit

Black
    1998 Z28 M6

yea thats why the lous stick is a perfect combo...the stick bends back 5 degrees and towards the driver a lot like 20 degrees i think...its really comfortable

Black 99 Z71
    Red 01 Z28 M6

Huh, and where do you order the lous stick from? If it angles towards the driver enough, I may be interested

Black
    1998 Z28 M6

http://www.afterthoughtsauto.com/lousshortstick.html its a little expensive when its not ordered with the pro5.0 in a package but imo its worth it i really love the handle position

Thread Information