Buying a Z28/SS need help

my previous camaro(v6) was totaled in a auto wreck recently and i am looking to purchase a z28 or ss, i plan on doing some modding intake, cat-back, headers, y-pipe, tb mods, converter, gears, and ending in a head/cam/ls6 intake. was wondering whats the maximum mileage you would use without rebuilding the engine this will be my summer daily driver bout 50-60 miles a day freeway, i have found a car and thought it sounds like a good deal, not many z28 and ss in this area unless you want to spend more than 15k which i don't, thats money i can spend on mods, your input would be great thanks, it's a '99 z28 61k miles A4 for $9k, looks to be in good condition, also what kind of hp/e.t's can i expect with these mods, i would give you a link to the autotrader page but this is my first post and it wont let me

Limited Edition #1242
    2002 Camaro SS LE

Depending upon how the car has been driven/treated will be the ideal mileage indicator you are looking for. I have known people to drive an LS1 for over 200,000 miles without any major problems. Of course, I have known younger drivers that abuse the crap out of their car and they wind up having problems before 75,000 or less.

Check the previous owners and see what you can find out about the history of the car from them. They have nothing to hide since they are not selling the car so what difference does it make to them unless they know the new owner. Carfax is another option to see if the car has been involved in any accidents, etc...
    Mike

Thread Information