Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 06 Auto Vette

Driving as fast as I can dafaic's Avatar

Silver
    97 TA M6

06 Auto Vette

Coming into town and a new black vette was in front of me. I haven't had the car long but i know my cars fast. Previous owner stated he raced an 02 z06 and beat it and the car has run 7.8 in the 1/8ths. Anyway I ride his tail till we get to the other side of town on the highway and he floors it and it takes off. We are doing about 70. I throw it from 6th to 3rd and nail it. At no point in time did he ever get over 4 cars lengths on me and I ran it till 140 mph. I wish I didn't have to shift so he didn't geta big jump on me but I think he was shocked that i kept up like i did. He slowed down and gave me a nod and waived. I was pretty happy overall I didn't win but then I didn't expect to hold my own at all either! lol Now from a lite it would be a drivers race but i figured on the highway i would have been left sitting in the dust.

Blue
    04 Mach 1

I have never heard of an 06 running a 7.8, esp. not an auto.

ILL SKEET IN YUR EYE

black on black on black
    02 z28

WOW YOUR LT1 BEAT AN 02 ZO6----i would call bullshit but an lt4 would have a chance on the street- if the zo6 was stock and couldnt drive

Blog Entries

09 EclipseGT 75 Chevy 4x4
    2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

If that your car could beat an Z06 it shouldn't have any problem with a stock C6.

Silver
    97 TA M6

Well what I am saying is I was told my car has run a 7.8 in the 1/8th. I was also told the car beat a older z06 and it was no highway run like this. It was at a street light and they ran it upto like 90 if i remeber the story right. Anyway all i was saying was i thought i did pretty good. I felt like if we had done a 3 honk and go we would have been side by side the whole time. Anyway not trying to stir crap up. But i wanted to say my car held its own against a brand new vette on the highway. I would expect my car to beat it from a strat but like i said on the highway i figured different.

ILL SKEET IN YUR EYE

black on black on black
    02 z28

I Agree- Your Car Would Have A Better Chance Off The Line-but The Ls2 Whoops Ass Up Top-unlike Your Lt4 The Stock Ls2 Can Churn Past 6200 Rpm And Still Want More

Silver
    97 TA M6

Added my sig so yall could see what i have. Thats why I was saying breakparts i felt like the car held it's own. I expected to get left in the dust on the highway. Oh and there is other stuff the car has but i ran out of sig room.
    Click for full size
    lt4 hot cam, l.e. heads, gold 1.6rr, hooker lts, 3"ypipe, hookercatback, no cats, subframes, b&m ripper, k&n cai, msd6a-coil-opti, udp, tr55 g's, ta girdle, 4.10's, boxed control arms, Madz28 tune, specstg3, alum. elbow. No traction

red
    96 ss

Quote Originally Posted by breakparts View Post
    WOW YOUR LT1 BEAT AN 02 ZO6----i would call bullshit but an lt4 would have a chance on the street- if the zo6 was stock and couldnt drive
    yeah god forbid his car not be stock, then your statement would mean nothing, ops guess your thought ( especially the way you phrased it) is worth nothing. with the setup hes got i'd guess with a decent tune around 350's rwhp or so. 7.8's should be doable for him. you cant look at a car and ASSUME its stock, if thats your mind set , you haven't been around the scene long at all.

Pewter
    02SS6spd VERT!

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Black Trans-Am View Post
    If that your car could beat an Z06 it shouldn't have any problem with a stock C6.
    base c6s have 400 02 z06s have 400 or 405, so what's the difference?

Blue
    04 Mach 1

dont know. But i ran an auto c6 on the street and beat him by a half car. If you have run a 7.8 then you should have beat him. If not someone is telling you some lies.

red
    96 ss

Quote Originally Posted by 7camaro7 View Post
    there should be a weight differance, off the top of my head, but i am to lazy to look for the stats.

Pewter
    02SS6spd VERT!

yea, I bet that's true also

Blog Entries

2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

That's what my point was. If his car can beat a Z06 he shouldn't have lost to a base C6.

Blue
    04 Mach 1

i think that the zo6 cam is a bit different, the peak numbers are the same or close but the area under the curve is different.

Silver
    97 TA M6

yeah an older zo6 would be lighter than a new c6 for sure. And i keep saying it but on the highway i felt like the corvette prolly has more to it. I was told this car put down 375 without nos and 425 with nos. No nos running now I have to get a bottle and test the soilnoids first. The 7.8 in the 1/8th was done with nos. The previous owner beat the zo6 without the nos. I know more information is quiet helpful. The previous owner has not given me any reason to doubt him or to think he is lying. He has been very truthful from the begginning told me what needed to be done, what hasn't been done, and what needed attention. I will have the dyno sheets soon so i'll know more. I just felt like if the new C6 is suppose to have 400 ponies and my car has put down 375 and for me to hang with him considering weight differences, auto vs tranny, rear end gearing, driver weight since I am a big guy, and so fourth I think the car held it's own at 140mph. I also had a really bad vibration I think i need to turn the driveshaft over which is an ls1 driveshaft. I prolly out weigh the previous owner 150-200 lbs also. Cam will be doing a mail order tune for me as soon as i get the flow #'s for the heads and i get the ls1 ws6 style ram air hood and ram air intake installed.

Blue
    04 Mach 1

yea, I bet that's true also
    was that aimed toward me? In fact i had a passanger and we went from a 50 roll to well over a hundred. Plus i knew the guys that were behind me that saw the whole thing.

Blog Entries

2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

It just doesn't sound right unless the guy he raced was a bad driver or your car is now messed up or that C6 wasn't stock. Either way your car shouldn't have beat one that should be faster and lost by 4 to the one that should be slower. I guess odd things can happen though. If I were you I'd be looking your car over to make sure nothing is wrong with it.

HUNTER S. THOMPSON FAN Raoul-Duke's Avatar
    yeah those must be le1 heads on there....but still u should have... like stated before should have at least 350rwhp...im guessing with a tune be more round 370...if not u all ready have one...im thinking there must be sumtin wrong with ur car or u were shiftin too early cuz u should def not have lost by four cars...maybe two or a lil less i can see, but four?

Silver
    97 TA M6

Well it wasn't like we honked and both took off either. I was cruising in 6th when he floored it and when his back bumper got to my front bumper or a little bit farther I down shifted into third. Hell by the time i was off the clutch he was atleast a length ahead of me and already had his momentum going. And yeah i catch myself short shifting as i don't want to hit the rev limiter. Ive only driven the car about 100 miles since I have had it so I got alot of learning and figuring out the querks of my car. The car sits in the garage most of the week and I tool around sometimes at night or maybe a little drive through town... Man i was just happy my car hung with a vette on the highway thats was the whole point of the post. This is by far the fastest car I have ever had. I have had a typhoon and an 04 Impala ss that ran 13's (only ones worth mentioning) so for me to have a car that hung with a vette I was happy. Was not trying to stir a bunch of crap up. I wanted a 12 second car and thats what i bought. If it beats a vette on the highway great if not oh well but i still have a respectable 12 second car.

Black
    1999 Trans Am M6

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Black Trans-Am View Post
    That's what my point was. If his car can beat a Z06 he shouldn't have lost to a base C6.
    Agreed.
    1999 Trans Am M6
    SLP Short Throw, Lid and CAI, Strano Springs, Koni Sport Shocks, BMR STB and SFC, UMI PHB, Pacesetter LT's and ORY, Magnaflow Catback, DMH 3" E-Cutout, LS7 Clutch, Motive 4.10, 160 T-Stat, MSD wires,, 17x9.5 Chrome C6's wrapped in Hankook 275/40/17

Tuned at Mongillo Motors in New Haven, CT - 303 RWHP and 308 RWTQ

Thread Information