Sunset Orange
    2002 Z28

Question Thinking of lowering

I'm thinking of lowering my ride. What steps need to be taken/parts purchased to accomplish this? Thanks.

Black, Blue
    07 TBSS, 07 GSXR1000

You will need coils and I would go ahead and replace the struts and shocks. The stock ones won't last long being lowered. Well I say they won't last some say they won't and some say they will. I would go ahead and put new KYB's or another reputable shocks and struts. Then get it aligned and you will be good.

Sunset Orange
    2002 Z28

I've got some Bilstein HD's on the way. Probably going to go with a set of Eibach springs. Do I need adjustable LCA's? What about the torque bar and pinion angle? Thanks

Black, Blue
    07 TBSS, 07 GSXR1000

You will need an adjustable panhard bar. Tq arm is a good idea, but not necessary. You don't need adj LCA's.

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

lowering the car will change your pinion angle. so, an adjustable torque are will come in handy when the time comes. just not needed right now. also, relocation brackets for the trailing arms will be helpful for traction. again, not needed right now. adjustable trailing arms help get the rear straight inline with the car. called thrust angle. again not needed right now.
    Cold Air Intake, Muffler Delete, Vinci High Performance Dual Valve Springs, Hardened Pushrods, Yella Terra 1.85 Rockers, Some Hydropdipped Stuff, Strut Tower Brace, Some SS Badges, boost/vacuum gauge, fuel pressure gauge, some checkered stripes, drilled/slotted rotors, ZL1addons Stealth wickerbill, Ruxifey LED side markers

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

****edited***

ignore my post.
    Last edited by third_shift|studios; 01-30-2006 at 08:15 AM.

Sunset Orange
    2002 Z28

Thanks for the info. Have any of you heard of Vogtland springs? They're not any cheaper than the Eibachs, but they are made in Germany. And those Germans have some pretty intense engineering standards. All that and a 10 year no sag warranty. Just wondering.

Metallic Navy Blue
    1998 Trans Am

Can you successfully and with no problems install some lowering springs with KYB gas-a-just shocks? Or would the AGX be necessary? Do you really need panhard bars and control arms and tower braces and torque arms and coils and relocation brackets and subframe connectors and trailing arms and and and..I mean DAMN..all that shit sounds completely ridiculous.. thank GOD I dont need adjustable LCAs I dont think I can afford them, or a snickers after all this stuff Just good solid shocks and lowering springs??

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

ok, hold up...you're getting over your head.

there is a guy named Sam Strano...he's a trophy winning f-body autoX'er. www.stranoparts.com. go there, look up the number and talk to him...oh and set aside an hour to do so b/c he'll talk your ear off. His quick solution is this:

sway bars and koni single adjustables. The Koni SA's will lower it about 3/4" and the sway bars will do a much better job at smoothing out the car through turns.

anyway, talk to him. tell him what YOU ultimately want the car to do for you [perform/look good/drag/autox] then he'll make a suggestion.

He's actually talked me into sway bars and the SLP lowering kit. he said you don't need all the panhard/torque/LCA stuff either. wierd, i know..but hell, he's got trophies and i don't know if the rest of this thread does [not trying to start a war]

Sunset Orange
    2002 Z28

I ended up going with some Bilstein HD's with Vogtland Springs and an adjustable pan hard. The car looks great and now it corners like it always should have. The drop was 1.2" and looks really good. Thanks for the help guys.

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

that's what we are here for.

Thread Information