Thread: New from NC

Black
    1994 Firebird Formula

New from NC

Hey everyone, new Firebird Formula owner here. Couldn't find a LS1 car I could afford so I got a LT1 instead. Sometime in the next couple of years I'd like to swap in an LS1 if I ever get a place with a garage again.

00 TA PWTR, 98 VertTA NBM
    80 TA BLK, 80 Formula NBM

welcome!!! i like those formulas. i want a red one with the "formula v8" graphics down the side!!
    2000 TA, A4, LS6 intake, Magnaflow, WS9 hood, BMR STB, UMI boxed SFC, Spohn LCA, 9" Ford
    1998 TA Vert,​ NBM, M6, Flowmaster, WS6 hood, WS6 airbox, C6 wheels, UMI SFC, BMR STB
    1998 Bird, Black, V6, A4, 18" 077's, Wings West Body Kit
    1980 Formula, NBM, 402BB, cam, DR timing, LT headers, 3" TD w/ flowmasters, TH350
    1980 TA, Black, 301, bone stock

Black
    1994 Firebird Formula

Quote Originally Posted by GULLETT17 View Post
    welcome!!! i like those formulas. i want a red one with the "formula v8" graphics down the side!!
    Yeah, mine actually looks like a TA. It has the high rise spoiler, front and rear bumpers and sideskirts froma a TA. I really like the 93-97 style TA's and Firebirds better than the newer ones so for me it would be really cool to put some gen 3 power in one. Now the 98+ camaros I like a lot more, especially with the SS hood and wheels.

ArtistFormerlyKnownAsMac Silver Streak's Avatar

All Black
    83, 87, 02 All WS6 T/As

Quote Originally Posted by firechikin View Post
    Yeah, mine actually looks like a TA. It has the high rise spoiler, front and rear bumpers and sideskirts froma a TA. I really like the 93-97 style TA's and Firebirds better than the newer ones so for me it would be really cool to put some gen 3 power in one. Now the 98+ camaros I like a lot more, especially with the SS hood and wheels.
    Well.. in a couple years.. its gonna be a WHOLE lot easier and cheaper to just sell your LT1 car and buy an LS1 car instead of swapping it in.. but if thts what you REALLY want.. good luck. And are you saying someone already converted the formula into a T/A clone?
    -Geno
    1983 Black WS6 "WindCharger"
    1987 Black WS6 "WS87"
    2002 Black WS6 "Silver Streak"
    Sold the other four f-bodies

Black
    1994 Firebird Formula

yes it's been "cloned". near as I can tell it has every TA exterior part there is. not sure what the interior options were but this has leather interior power everything, t tops, nice ac etc.

It would probably be cheaper to buy a diff car, but what kind of mileage is it going to have in 2009 or 2010, ya know? My car only has 43000 miles on it and is in really good shape so if I plunk a new drivetrain in it it would be pretty sweet. Besides, people are putting ls motors in everything from off road trucks to old datsuns and FD RX7's so how hard can it be to put one in a LT1 F Body?

00 TA PWTR, 98 VertTA NBM
    80 TA BLK, 80 Formula NBM

yes it's been "cloned". near as I can tell it has every TA exterior part there is. not sure what the interior options were but this has leather interior power everything, t tops, nice ac etc.

It would probably be cheaper to buy a diff car, but what kind of mileage is it going to have in 2009 or 2010, ya know? My car only has 43000 miles on it and is in really good shape so if I plunk a new drivetrain in it it would be pretty sweet. Besides, people are putting ls motors in everything from off road trucks to old datsuns and FD RX7's so how hard can it be to put one in a LT1 F Body?
    thing is though, you can still get some serious hp out of your lt and save you the time, headache, and dough of a ls1 swap! especially since your lt doesnt have many wear on it

All Black
    83, 87, 02 All WS6 T/As

Not really hard.. just not cheap... you need the engine harness, new motor mounts, engine, tranny, prob driveshaft, new fuel pump.. I'm sure I'm missing things... but you will have to tear apart most of the car... much easier to buy the LS1 car for 8 or 9 grand.. run it till it blows.. pul the motor.. spend a couple grand upgrading it and dropping it back in... but thats my opinion..

Black
    1994 Firebird Formula

Well you have a valid point there silver streak. I'm going to see what I can get out of the LT1 and maybe I'll be satisfied. I would like to go with a procharger or at least a 100 shot on it.

All Black
    83, 87, 02 All WS6 T/As

Well you have a valid point there silver streak. I'm going to see what I can get out of the LT1 and maybe I'll be satisfied. I would like to go with a procharger or at least a 100 shot on it.
    We have a guy running 10s on his LT1 with 100 shot.. they are great motors.. plus if you stil the money into them that you would into buying an LS1.. you'd have a REALLY kick ass motor..

Black
    2001 WS6

Welcome from another NC member

Pewter Metallic (1of?)
    2001 Formula M6(1 of 225)

welcome

White
    2001 SS #3504

welcome...

Thread Information