ALRIGHT NOW wont u listen

though you cant hear..
    i love you sweet leaf!!!

need help with varius things.....

ok so as soon as it gets warm im going to head down to my father-in-laws house, he has a really nice 99 t/a, were going to be changing the spark plugs, wires, running seafoam in it, changing the brake pads, and putting some slotted/drilled rotors on + painting his calipers body color, i plan on just putting the entire car on 4 jackstands so that he can do one side il do the other (more like him watch me do all 4 but its cool) so anyway i figured as far as the rear end goes, i can put the hydrolic jack under the diff, then a stand on both sides of the axle? is that how you guys jack the rear? and what about the front? where to put jack, then stands? raise the front then rear? rear then front? and how hard is it going to be to change sparkplugs?

thanks!

Blue
    2002 Z28 Camaro M6

I just did almost the exact same stuff as you did. I ended up doing one side at a time because I start with the back (did LCAs and back brakes first). The main reason for this was because with the jack that I used once I had the back up I could not get the front jacked up because it was to low. (it is ok to use the rear ends pumpkin to jack up the car) This is how I ended up jacking the front up after I had the back down and finished.

Used a ramp to drive up on the drivers side.

Then jacked the front end up with a jack coming from the car at an angle near with the handle of the jack near the ramp.

Place the jackstands on the unibody. If you have subframe connectors that should be a good guide. If not then near the holes in the frame.

If I had two ramps things would have been even easier, but I would definatly try to get the front up first then the back if you want all four in the air, for me it was not that much added time to just do one side at a time.

black
    2002 firehawk 94 Z28

the passenger side cat drops fairly easy 5 bolts i think it sure makes that last plug cake..

though you cant hear..
    i love you sweet leaf!!!

Quote Originally Posted by t-rock View Post
    the passenger side cat drops fairly easy 5 bolts i think it sure makes that last plug cake..
    wait a min... cat? like as in exhaust? dont tell me that lol... im sure all 5 studs/bolts are rusted tight anyway, cant you get to it from above?

and i dont have a ramp? is the front really that low that a hydrolic jack can't slide under it?

Blue
    2002 Z28 Camaro M6

I think you have to get to number 8 from below.

With the jack that I was using life was much easier to get the car lifted some. If you don't have a ramp, just find something like a few boards . The jack I was using might have just been taller then some, and the ramp was close and easy.

though you cant hear..
    i love you sweet leaf!!!

ok so its only number 8 thats a pita? is it even possable to get it from above? or do you have to go underneath? and if you do go underneath.. do you HAVE to remove the cat?

green
    98 formula

I do them all from the top just remove the coil packs and yes you will get some scratches on your arms I use the k-member up front and pumkin on rear well that was till I put in a lift

though you cant hear..
    i love you sweet leaf!!!

Quote Originally Posted by joejenkinsglass View Post
    I do them all from the top just remove the coil packs and yes you will get some scratches on your arms I use the k-member up front and pumkin on rear well that was till I put in a lift
    lift? lucky bastage lol!

so how long should it take to replace the plugs and wires? anything else i should replace while were at it?

98 Formula
    06 duramax

your first time count on a few hours to do the plugs. Do #8 first while you're still fresh and then the other 7 will be like a cake walk but expect to spend some time on 8 your first time.
    Like someone else said, don't even fart around with leaving the coil packs on for the passenger side. Just take them off first and save yourself some headache. I always do them from the top, it's a pain but once you do it a time or two you get a system. Take a swivel extension with you as it will come in handy.
    I use 2 jacks to raise the car. I'll put a small floor jack under the subrame to raise the body a little bit then slide my big floor jack to the center of the k-member and raise the front then I'll do the same for the rear. I'll put my small jack under the rear subframe to raise the body then slide my big jack in from behind the passenger tire and raise the rear by the pumpkin. Make sure when you raise the rear that the lifting pad on the jack is in front of the rear cover or it'll bend it and cause it to leak. Not a big deal, just something to watch for. Plenty of room in front of the cover to lift by.

green
    98 formula

Quote Originally Posted by bad boy 99 View Post
    lift? lucky bastage lol!

so how long should it take to replace the plugs and wires? anything else i should replace while were at it?
    yeah yeah yeah

it doesn't take too long #8 was the worst I used a socet with a hex on the end and a wrench I think it took an hour but no more than 2 I would go ahead and replace the wires while your at it and that way you can just rip the old ones off

Sebring Silver
    2000 CamaroSS

Plugs are a piece of cake if you move the coil pack

Don't bother spending a bundle on ignition cables.....you can get the best on the market for less than $50 shipped if you get Crane Firewire.
    They're black.....not the pretty red, but they have the lowest ohms per foot & are high quality

though you cant hear..
    i love you sweet leaf!!!

hmmm i dont know what plugs and wires he bought for it... i told him to get platinum plugs (thats correct??) he calls back 3 days later and sais he bought plat plugs and wires... plat wires???... would getting msd coils or another brand coils help porformance? and how much $$ for thoes? he found this dyno tune place that he had his rear end replaced + dyno tuned, chipped, that hes buying all these plugs/wires from....i hope there reputable..

black, 05 Roush
    black, 99 T/A WS.6

www.installuniversity.com write up on changing the plugs, LS1 lift points and I believe there is a write up on doing the brakes and rotors also but cant remember.
    1999 T/A WS6 Black -------SOLD
    05 mustang Roush sport;
    DOB manifold, m122 SC, 47lb injectors, gt500 TB, roush TVS CAI, Detroit rocker SC grind camshafts, Mac LTs, off road x, roush off road mufflers, roush short throw shifter, kenne bell BAP, Brenspeed 93 octane tune. 479rwhp 436ftlbs SAE.

though you cant hear..
    i love you sweet leaf!!!

hmmm couldent find that site helpfull... any input on plugs? is platinum ok?

green
    98 formula

I use regular copper plugs hey don't last as long but the copper is a better conductor and most likely I will rebuild the motor before it needs plugs

black, 05 Roush
    black, 99 T/A WS.6

platinum will work just fine and they last a bit longer then copper. I went with iridium plugs. You couldnt find the write ups on the plug swap, lift points or the brakes and rotors?

Thread Information