2000 Trans Am

Need More Info.......

I need a little more input on an ls6 intake swap i am about to do. Looking over the directions i acquired from ls1howto.com i can fully understand everything until i get to the point about the coolant lines!! I am having trouple understanding how to install the new coolant lines. If anyone has any suggestions or other websites i could use for further information. I would appreciate it!!!
    2000 Arctic White trans am, ws6 hood, ws6 air box, slp lid, slp smooth bellows, slp loudmouth exhaust,shift kit, rebuilt trans, LS6 intake, 3.73 gears, Shaner S3 p/p throttle body, and a tune . SFC. C6 ZO6 rims 18" in back 17" in front. Drilled and slotted rotors.

2000 Trans Am

Once you get the intake off you'll see the stock pipe is just bolted down at each corner. You use the same holes for the rear plugs and the smaller front pipe. Some people just leave the stock pipe there and remove some material from the bottom of the LS6 intake instead - but be careful if you go that route. On the couple I've helped install we used the 01-02 plugs/front pipe. If you have any problems just post up...and be careful not to become a member of the "I broke my oil pressure sensor club."

2000 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by 2001NBMZ28 View Post
    Once you get the intake off you'll see the stock pipe is just bolted down at each corner. You use the same holes for the rear plugs and the smaller front pipe. Some people just leave the stock pipe there and remove some material from the bottom of the LS6 intake instead - but be careful if you go that route. On the couple I've helped install we used the 01-02 plugs/front pipe. If you have any problems just post up...and be careful not to become a member of the "I broke my oil pressure sensor club."
    so if i go to the dealer and ask for an 01-02 coolant plugs and front pipe do you think they will have them?

They sell them...whether they have them in stock or not I don't know. GM has changed the part numbers several times, not sure if the ones listed on howto are current - give your dealer a call with them and see what they say.

black, 05 Roush
    black, 99 T/A WS.6

I believe I ordered my LS6 coolant lines from the WS6store.com has the front line and the two rear plugs.

Thread Information