Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    ws6 formula 00

Thinking about selling my 2000 ws6 formula,with 507 orig. miles.

Late in 1999, I went down to the local Pontiac dealership and ordered my first Brand new car, a 2000 Formula Navy Blue Met. with the ws6 option.

Originally I wanted a no options car,after talking with the owner of the dealership he informed me that the 1sb option was removed for that year.I decided to go the other way an order my Formula with every option,except traction control.

Anyway, I waited and followed the car through the factory build process (by calling the owner of the dealership on a weekly basis).When the car came in I didn't even let them prep it in fear of any misc. damage.I finally took delivery of this awesome creature in all of its plastic coverd glory.(I still have the plastic)

The Formula was driven home and parked in my Garage.It has been kept carefully away from everything,sunlight,rain,fingers,kids,etc.I would say that I have only washed it 4 or 5 times,in fear of making the paint surface imperfect.The car now sits with 507 miles and has been started only to circulate the fluids.

I have not been around the ws6,ls1 world in a few years as my children are getting to a really fun age,and I havent had the right amount of time to invest into my car hobby.
    Have any cars recently been sold like mine?
    If so what have they gone for?
    What is the best venue for a car like this one e-bay,trader,etc.
    I am trying to get an idea of its value,as of right now with all things considered it really needs a new home.

Guys,sorry I went on so long but to me its a big deal. I'll be thankful for any or all info.

Black
    2000 WS6

I would take a look at the nada or kbb. Both provide an excellent source of information when selling your car. Value is some where in the proximity of $13,000.00 - 17,000.00
    Last edited by Tman; 11-22-2005 at 02:39 PM.

Pewter
    2001 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

Ram Air Formulas are pretty rare. I am guessing 20k give or take 3k. To wait and find a buyer could get you over 20k. To make the car move I am guessing 17 or so. I am no expert and I am guessing you are not in a hurry since you have a 6 year old car with 500 miles.... Plus we are heading into winter and here in the north that car has no value (not as much as sping/summer prices) once the snow comes. Where are you (state)? Loaded, but 6 spd or auto? I have an 01 with 5,2XX miles and someone offered me 22k last summer. If you have what you say you have be patient b/c they are not making anymore of those.... I would post it on these boards where it is free and see what kind of feedback you get. Then I would move it to an autotrader type of ad.

Good luck,

Gene

PS did you call the dealer and see if they would want to buy it back. Most dealers are also collectors and if they are not they have collector friends who might be interested.
    2001 Pewter WS6 M6
    Borla, some induction mods, a little bit of this and a pinch of that, 2 Hookers, and a pipe.....

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2151616

ws6 formula 00
    Gene,
    The idea of asking a couple of dealerships is great.
    Does the fact that it is a formula and not a t/a help or hurt?
    I ordered this because I did not like all of the spoilers,I thought the formula had a cleaner look.Someone mentioned that the car might be rare.Is there a production estimate?
    2000 Formula Navy Blue w/Ebony,hurst shifter,6 spd,leather,t-roof,cd changer,traction control delete.I would figure the rarity might add value.

Black
    2001 Pontiac

Sure it's rare, especically with only 507 miles.
    But finding the right buyer with a lot of cash to buy something like that will be tough in my opinion.
    I doubt the banks would allow a very high loan value on it, ...
    Good Luck!

(You should have driven it, it would have been worth so much more to ya than letting it sit, ...)

ws6 formula 00
    I really do enjoy the ownership of this car.I do have a few other pontiacs, and other fun cars that I do get to drive, which of course helped keep the miles off of this one.

As far as finding the right buyer,I would figure that just about anyone in the market for a new GTO might have an interest in something like this.Considering the looks of the new goat compared to the formula.Although just personal preference but I honestly can't belive someone could pick the new goat over one of these f-bods.

Black
    2000 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by Tman
    I would take a look at the nada or kbb. Both provide an excellent source of information when selling your car. Value is some where in the proximity of $13,000.00 - 17,000.00

Dammit, paid 21 for mine a little more than 2 years ago! Only had 20k on it.

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

umm, yeah you won't get much for it, how 'bout this, i'll make a generious offer of $5 and even'll let you drive it to me

man, that thing sounds intese. don't sell it dude, give it to your kid when he/she grows up!!! that thing will be priceless someday. it's rediculous to sell it if YOU customized it!

ws6 formula 00
    Kelly blue book isnt worth the paper its printed on if it states that this car is worth 13,000-17,000.

Quote Originally Posted by ws6 formula 00
    Kelly blue book isnt worth the paper its printed on if it states that this car is worth 13,000-17,000.
    I agree. You should be able to get upwards of 25,000 for that car. If you are serious about selling it I would list it at 25,000 firm. I think you will find a collector that would love to have that car with those options and mileage.
    As mentioned it might take awhile but the car will catch someones interest.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 Formula hardtop

Quote Originally Posted by ws6 formula 00
    Does the fact that it is a formula and not a t/a help or hurt?
    I ordered this because I did not like all of the spoilers,I thought the formula had a cleaner look.Someone mentioned that the car might be rare.Is there a production estimate?
    2000 Formula Navy Blue w/Ebony,hurst shifter,6 spd,leather,t-roof,cd changer,traction control delete.I would figure the rarity might add value.
    2000 was the last year the WS6 option was available on Formulas. The WS6 option was only available on Trans Ams in 2001 and 2002. Production breakdown on 98-2000 Formulas:
    1998: 221 WS6 coupes, 2 WS6 convertibles (1,902 non-WS6 coupes, 0 non-WS6 convertibles)
    1999: 175 WS6 coupes (1,427 non-WS6 coupes)
    2000: 223 WS6 coupes (1,302 non-WS6 coupes)

Compared to production of 98+ WS6 Trans Ams:
    1998: 2,273 coupes, 339 convertibles
    1999: 3,820 coupes, 1,002 convertibles (these figures include 30th Anniversary models)
    2000: 7,166 coupes, 1,025 convertibles
    2001: 7,073 coupes, 796 convertibles
    2002: 12,212 coupes, 2,696 convertibles (these figures include Collector's Edition models)
    They made much more WS6 TA's than non-WS6s from 2000-2002.

All this being said, what it comes down to is that you have to find someone willing to pay a premium for your car. On top of that, as PontiacFan said, the person is going to have to pay a decent amount of the purchase price in cash since a bank will most likely not give enough of a car loan for your car. To give your situation some perspective, if you wanted $20,000 for your car, someone could find another WS6 Formula for $13,000 or less. Sure, it wouldn't have the low miles like yours does, but the $7,000 they save can be put into whatever they want- engine rebuild, supercharger, etc. Also, although it is for all intents and purposes a "new" car, it doesn't have a warranty that comes along with a new car.
    As far as your question of the car being a Formula and not a TA hurting the value, I would say definitely not. As you see from the production numbers, WS6 TA's are a dime a dozen. If anything, it's harder to find a non-WS6 TA that is a 2000-2002 model. There is no performance difference whatsoever between the Trans Am and Formula; mechanically they are identical. The only difference is that the TA has the different spoiler, front and rear bumpers, and ground effects. It also comes with more standard options than a Formula. Many people, myself included, prefer the look of the Formula to the TA.

I think you have a real awesome car on your hands (I also own a 2000 NMB Formula, though it is not a WS6). I'm sure that lots of people would be interested in it, I'm just not sure that you would have an easy time getting the money for it that its condition commands. 4th gen f-bodies aren't old enough yet to really be considered collectible, and really, they can be had pretty cheap. It's not extremely difficult to find low-mileage TA's or Firehawks (Formula or TA versions). I've seen many in the past couple months that have less than 5k miles on them, some as low as 800. They all are usually listed at $25,000 or so, but I don't know how many of them have sold, or how much they sold at.

Do you have any pics you could post up? I'd love to see it, and I'm sure some other people would too.
    Last edited by bbfirebird; 11-23-2005 at 06:24 AM.

ws6 formula 00
    That is some really teriffic info guys.

2000pontiac6
    If you could some how hold on to it for another 5-10 years i'm sure the value will start goin up... especially a car with that low of miles... once its a "classic" i would think it should be worth a nice amount

Pewter

Any updates?

Pewter

ttt

Black/Gold....Now Sold...
    10th Anny. Firehawk #001

Sorry, but why the hell buy a car in the first place if you're not going to drive it? Especially one of the worst depreciating cars made, that is one of the most fun to drive?

Love to have it, but it would get a couple zeros on the mileage in only a couple years if I did. Hope you get what you want out of her, and that she finds a good home, with someone that will actually drive her once in a while.

Man that would be a nice car to have. You should be able to get decent money out of it, but you won't by trading it in. I traded my 02 WS6 TA SOM A4 in last Dec, every option, very rare car w/ 18k miles & got $18k out of it after paying $32k for it 3 years earlier
    2008 Lincoln MKZ - AWD
    2008 Pontiac G8 GT - Wifes car
    2006 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP - Sold
    2004 Pontiac GTO M6 - Sold

black
    2000 ws6

I'd just like to say that there's no comparing a 5k mile car with a 500 mile car. 5k could be beat up track miles. 500 is barely around the block a few times and should be kept in a bubble. There's got to be a guy out there who was 18 when you car was born but he just couldnt afford to have it. Now he's older, has money and wants a "new" ws6. Yours will be the closest thing he'll find. Hey maybe he'll pay msrp for it? j/k...

Oh, and pulse red gto, I feel your pain...I'm about to trade in my 2000 ws6 with 28k mi for $14,000...

99PontTA
    from the prices i've seen at the biggest local pont dealer i'd say you should get 25k....if the dealer had it it would easily be 28k+...also wait until spring...run a ebay add ...might top 30k...these cars are in BIG demand.The pont dealer buys any they can get their hands on and jack the price sky high.They offered me 12k for 99 TA with 60 k on it. http://www.starpontiac.com/location/...ed&sectionId=2 check thier site...watch what they ask....i seen most ws6 cars going for 25+ there this summer
    Last edited by 99PontTA; 12-16-2005 at 11:44 AM.

Black
    99 SS

im going to call BS on this thread, no way in hell you would sell this car if you owned it

Thread Information