Thread: Dash

Modding is an Addiction bww3588's Avatar

Dash

alright.....i got a 95 Z28 and the dash is trashed in it. my uncle got me a dash but he mistakenly got the 97 dash. will this fit? or better yet will it work with all the connections? is this possible??? he got a good deal on it and i want it to work. he got all the gauges and switches with it.

1999 Chevy Camaro

I don't see why not. Both cars dashes are very very similar from what I can remember.

I've seen it all! I've even seen a 2000 dash in a 89 Iroc. Just know that dash replacement is not easy! And if you have GM do it, it'll cost you .

Rob

Quote Originally Posted by graphicsgod
    I don't see why not. Both cars dashes are very very similar from what I can remember.

I've seen it all! I've even seen a 2000 dash in a 89 Iroc. Just know that dash replacement is not easy! And if you have GM do it, it'll cost you .

Rob
    would all the connections still work. i know the fog light switch is on the drivers side so it would have to be moved to the switch in the center, so would all the other conenctions hook up fairly eaisly?

Rob
    would all the connections still work. i know the fog light switch is on the drivers side so it would have to be moved to the switch in the center, so would all the other conenctions hook up fairly eaisly? how bout the gauges. would they be plug n play or would i have to cut and splice a new connecter on to my existing wires to make the 97^ gauges work? if i can get this to work i want to cause i like the look of the newer dash better. and the gauges are bad ass IMO. and it already has the outside body conversion on it to the 98^ so im lookin at goin all the way, since i cant afford a newer camaro im going to make mine look like one inside and out. then maby later down the road change the engnie over to the LS1.

Black, Blue
    07 TBSS, 07 GSXR1000

Just be careful with the speedometer. You will have odometer descrepincy

Quote Originally Posted by BIG D's SS
    Just be careful with the speedometer. You will have odometer descrepincy
    yeah im already in that boat with my truck. i replaced the cluster for one with a tach and it now shows 140k when it only has 103k. it had 95k on it when i changed it and i just reset the trip on the new one and add that to the eisting mileage on the old one. but are all the connections the same ont he clusters/

1999 Chevy Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by bww3588
    would all the connections still work. i know the fog light switch is on the drivers side so it would have to be moved to the switch in the center, so would all the other conenctions hook up fairly eaisly? how bout the gauges. would they be plug n play or would i have to cut and splice a new connecter on to my existing wires to make the 97^ gauges work? if i can get this to work i want to cause i like the look of the newer dash better. and the gauges are bad ass IMO. and it already has the outside body conversion on it to the 98^ so im lookin at goin all the way, since i cant afford a newer camaro im going to make mine look like one inside and out. then maby later down the road change the engnie over to the LS1.
    You might need the wiring harness off the 97. Dunno. I've never done it, so I can't give instructions. Only speculations. I think theres instructions on here or the net somewhere. As for the speedo, it might work. Not sure if you can mix years too much. Only one way to find out . But I would take it to a GM dealership or someplace that can reset the electronics and milage to match that car. Wierd thing about the speedos, is that they retain info from the car it came from. You will need to erase that and reprogram it.

Rob

You might need the wiring harness off the 97. Dunno. I've never done it, so I can't give instructions. Only speculations. I think theres instructions on here or the net somewhere. As for the speedo, it might work. Not sure if you can mix years too much. Only one way to find out . But I would take it to a GM dealership or someplace that can reset the electronics and milage to match that car. Wierd thing about the speedos, is that they retain info from the car it came from. You will need to erase that and reprogram it.

Rob
    i guess well find out. ima start tearin into it soon. but i am going to get the wiring harness also just to have incase. and i am going to have the mileage programed into the new speedo cause the old one uses the rolling numbers and the 97 one i got uses the digital. which i think is awesome looking compared to the rolling numbers. any more help or opinions are appreiciated. thanks all.

Thread Information