Thread: 383

Blue
    1980 Camaro-4sale

So why are stroker kits for the LS1 like 4,000+ ???

I mean I had the option to stroke the 350 in my 80 camaro for quite a bit less. The engine shouldn't be different internally, simply getting it tuned would be the biggest hassle.

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

they are much different internally. and it depends on the parts used. an eagle 4.00 stroke crank is $800.00. a lunati is $2100.00 the LS1 is the new hotness now. so that means the new hotness price is added in as well.
    Cold Air Intake, Muffler Delete, Vinci High Performance Dual Valve Springs, Hardened Pushrods, Yella Terra 1.85 Rockers, Some Hydropdipped Stuff, Strut Tower Brace, Some SS Badges, boost/vacuum gauge, fuel pressure gauge, some checkered stripes, drilled/slotted rotors, ZL1addons Stealth wickerbill, Ruxifey LED side markers

Blue
    1980 Camaro-4sale

Differnt interally how? And I just remembered the LS1 is a 346 or whatnot, not the 350 :\.

This almost makes me want to go LT1 so crap is affordable.

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

the only thing that carries over is rod bearings are the same. CB663. the crankshaft has a reluctor ring on the back of it. and just so many things. plus the new hotness factor.

Blue
    1980 Camaro-4sale

Quote Originally Posted by mrr23 View Post
    the only thing that carries over is rod bearings are the same. CB663. the crankshaft has a reluctor ring on the back of it. and just so many things. plus the new hotness factor.

Not cool.

Blue
    1980 Camaro-4sale

So I have to ask, what would be the cheapest way of gettin real performance still getting decent mileage and street manners? I mean it's going to be a street car, and a 383 or a turbo/supered would have worked.

Heads and cam I suppose? How much are 'decent' heads going to run for an LS1?

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

nitrous

Blue
    1980 Camaro-4sale

Quote Originally Posted by mrr23 View Post
    nitrous
    I planned that on top of whatever I chose.

So head wise which of these budget heads would get me where I want to be for streetable performance, nearly stock mileage, able to put a bit O' nitrous on top?

http://tinyurl.com/mhhov
    http://tinyurl.com/pgze6
    http://tinyurl.com/e8eqh

Thanks. I know one is a kit. The other two would be backed up by a Cam aswell and probably a new intake manifold.

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

the first link to the LS6 conversion is ok. but can do better with other aftermarket parts for the price.

your second link is to the perimeter bolt heads that only came on the 97-98 corvette and 98 f-body. i don't know what car you have, but patriot is pretty good bang for the buck.

your third link is to the dart heads. they are pretty good, but that particular head has a 2.05 intake valve. kinda big for a stock cube 346 motor.

Thread Information