Thread: noob questions

Triple Black
    2002 Trans Am Ram Air

Thumbs up noob questions

Sup guys, not sure if this is the place or not to tell you bout my car, but i will anyways.
    I bougth my 2002 trans am Ram air last march/05 from a dealer down in NJ, im way the hell up in canada, Alberta so to say it was very interesting going threw all the customs and shit to get it here.
    First off i didnt even see the car and paid 25000 for it, got alot of *ur fucking dum comments* the car had 4300miles on *6000 now* triple black convertable and well all the other stuff we all know the T/A's have.
    I had to wait a month and a half for it to get here, which pretty much drove me insane and when it finally arrived i got to see it threw a chain link fence because stupid custom crap wouldnt let me have it till they check the vin number for the 100drth time. So for the next few days off seeing it threw a fence i finally got it on a monday.
    It was well worth the wait, bastards didnt even wash the fucking thing down and let it sit outside for 3 days, anyways away i drove it, was perfect, fell in love right away.
    Ive owned many older cameros my last an 1987 iroc i rebuilt, but this was total different to me, brand new smell of leather, that long nose you cant see the end of and none stop people gazeing at me*the car* makes you fill pretty dam good.
    Well after driving it for a few hundered miles i was unsure if i should tune it up or not. Well i think i should, it already has borla cat back on it so i would like some long tube ceramic coated headers and y pipe, i will cutomize the air intake and make my own from the stock one as there not much of a difference between that and after market *the intake after market is circle and stock is oval* i wanna see how that will work. But besides that and maybe a little customs body work think thats all ill do, but nerver know i change my mind ..well since i started writeing this.

sorry for the long boring shit guys...i just love my ride

Member A~NICE~CAR~IS~A~NICE~CAR's Avatar

Rally Red/race stripes
    2002 Super Sport

hahah i like how you start off by saying peolple here had dumb comments which were only thier opinions about the subject lol anyways that does seem over priced but what the hey! your happy and thats all that matters!

sounds like you got a nice ass car going there! post some pix of that bad boy! and i would tune after the a full exhaust and intake.

Triple Black
    2002 Trans Am Ram Air

sorry didnt mean to come across as if i meant dum comments from in the forums here, meant from people around me, friends etc... as for the price being to much. i was looking at the same car *manue shift* with 22000 kms on it and it went for 43000 canadian with tax with shipping and customs and all that i got mine for about 34000 canadaian but not big deal as this is one of the cars ive wanted

White
    1999 Trans Am WS6

Hey, congrats on the purchase, nice choice! Sucks you had to wait so long to get it and be able to drive it, but I'm sure the wait was worth it. Post up some pics sometime.

Triple Black
    2002 Trans Am Ram Air

Thanks , i would put some pics up but shes in the garage right now, wish i jonied sooner could've had my girlfriend poss with it for the calander, to late now

White
    1999 Trans Am WS6

Well next time you wash/wax/etc it, take some pics. Nothing shines like black when it's clean but of course it's the hardest to keep that way.

black
    2002 WS6

I feel for ya, I went through the same thing with my 02 WS6. The local Saturn dealer found it in Texas. It the fourth one they found and the only one with a clean Car Fax. Got stuck in Winnepeg for three weeks at customs. Brought to Regina wher I got my first look at it, in the dark. After the first inspection they gave me dealer plates until the paper work cleared and it passed the last inspection. Took three months and lots of waitng but it is so worth it.

Luckly my friends were more supportive, all car guys, the one with the RSX thinks he's faster but only in the corners. My co workers not so much.

Paid 2 Post Daycrew SexOnWheels's Avatar

Blood Red
    Z28

Congrats.

You say "owned many older cameros" and you are only 16 that is pretty good.

I am in Alberta as well. Where do you live?

Triple Black
    2002 Trans Am Ram Air

ummm....?? sorry SexOnWheels not sure if i may have my porfile messed up but im 32 I also live in edmonton.
    if your around here we should meet up, havent meet alot of others yet with simular rides *friends* and could us some touring plus if you need any custom painting done or some other stuff, thats right up my alley

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

triple black....black rims? sounds sweet. i'd love to get a freakin new ass t/a

Triple Black
    2002 Trans Am Ram Air

naw no black rims just the factory 17's not sure what to put on it yet triple crome or black thinkinging 18-20' like to see more pics with different sizes on so if any body as any

Paid 2 Post Daycrew SexOnWheels's Avatar

Blood Red
    Z28

Quote Originally Posted by TRUESCO View Post
    ummm....?? sorry SexOnWheels not sure if i may have my porfile messed up but im 32 I also live in edmonton.
    if your around here we should meet up, havent meet alot of others yet with simular rides *friends* and could us some touring plus if you need any custom painting done or some other stuff, thats right up my alley

I live allot more South in 'lil LA' but I would like some custom painting for sure.

For starters I have a brand new egg white auto racing helmet in need of some decent airbrushing. Thinking ghost Rider like my Avatar (flaming skull) but open to any idea really.

I bought an SS hood from a guy who lives in Edmonton:

As you can see I need paint for the front end (at least to the doors to blend in) so I am going over ideas for custom paint.

Can you hook a fellow Canuck brother out?

Triple Black
    2002 Trans Am Ram Air

i could do something with your helmet, maybe not as graphic as ghostrider pic as i have only been airbrushing for a little bit, im sure i could do some thing alone simular.

But as for your car thats total different. I see your mirrors are black as well, are you planning on going red again or custom as in color change/multi colors flames etc...

I can give way better deals then a shop as i have no over head but cant do for free as i work with a partner

Im curently working on a 2001 prelude doing custom ground effects/paint carbo fiber ricer stuff but its going to be one sweet ride. if you are interested in something get some estimates and ill easily beat them....oh and when you get your car painted i would not be putting that bra back on it ...rocks and dirt get under there and chew the paint to shit

If you want my number just send me an email and we can hook up talk more bout cars and stuff.

I figure if you want a compelete Baseclear paint job *same color* on your car i could do it for 2500-3000 and then wet sand and polish it looks like glass when its done.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Congrats on the car and I wouldn't sweat the price. I read something somewhere that showed f-body prices in Canada and they were unreal. Sounds like you made out. Plus, if you have the money to spend and want the car then screw it.
    As far as mods. After you do one or two you'll be hooked just like everyone else here. You could make the stock box work but an aftermarket one would probably still out perform it and they look a lot better than the stocker. Headers and an offroad Y will really wake the car up. I didn't catch if it was an m6 or a4. If it's an a4 I would bypass everything and do a higher stall as your first mod.

Thread Information