Impulse blue
    2005 pontiac gto

lookin for a cam for my 05 gto

i have heard good things for lunati and others but i dont want to spend more then 500 bucks for a cam is there even a cheap cam i can buy that dont have me straped down on money issues? And also what kind of rear end can i use to convert it to a straight axle instead of the irs because im tired of shitty 13's

Hmmmm, you say you want a cheap cam...but want a solid axle? Dude, a conversion like that would cost a good amount. Spend wisely...get a decent cam, headers and tune. Then get some Koni rear shocks and drag bags...then see how your times improve.

Yellow
    2004 Pontiac GTO

all cams are basicly the same price...stock-wicked....Just get drag bags...the irs arent that bad....people are always saying that they are soooo bad...blah blah blah...there are people running 10's with stock irs....its a close design to the z06's and they are pulling 9's with them....solid axle is EXPENSIVE

Impulse blue
    2005 pontiac gto

how much will drag bags run me and i want a wicked cam but kinda have it streetable

Koni adjustables $250, drag bags $100, cam package (incl. springs and pushrods $6-800. Im assuming you intend on getting headers as well?
    Im not a big fan of the aggressive high lift cams.....but a lot seem to like the Comp XE-R lobes in the 224-228 dur. area. Check out ls1tech.com....lots of cam discussion there.
    '06 M6 GTO (Redrum)
    Comp 228/232
    SW LT's
    GMM Ripper
    JHP Pod
    C.A.I. Air Box
    HPS Tuned
    421rwhp/401rwtq

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

What king of trannie you got?

Impulse blue
    2005 pontiac gto

stock 4L60E auto

Gonna need to upgrade that converter as well. Amazing how one thing begets another.............and another........and another, huh? ;-)

Silver
    05 Goat SMASHED

Quote Originally Posted by joegtox View Post
    i have heard good things for lunati and others but i dont want to spend more then 500 bucks for a cam is there even a cheap cam i can buy that dont have me straped down on money issues? And also what kind of rear end can i use to convert it to a straight axle instead of the irs because im tired of shitty 13's
    Put a kit on it and go mid 11's with ALL stock internals ONLY minor bolt-ons!!!

Your looking at atleast $3500 for some one to fab up a straight axle and install it.

Yes, I've seen some great # with LS2's & Lunatis grinds. But there won't be anymore stealthness with an agressive idle!!!
    Don't be afraid of the bottle!!! Be afraid of your tune!!!

Impulse blue
    2005 pontiac gto

do they make a shift kit for the 4L60E? and how much does a converter run? and im thinkin about trading my gto for a 2003 cobra because the gto is frustrating me and when selling them they are not worth anything i would hate to do it but its getting to the point were im stressed out what to do with the car?

Impulse Blue
    2004 GTO

You don't need a cam to get out of the 13's. Since you have an A4, a converter will do wonders provided you can get the traction. Easily .5 second.
    Also a tune will help tremendously. Since you don't want to spend the money to do a cam change because it'll be quite a bit over $500. Figuring cam/springs/pushrods/tune, you're looking at about $1000. You'll also need supporting mods like headers/intake/exhaust.
    Rob
    04 GTO
    96 WS6

Impulse blue
    2005 pontiac gto

i just wanna run 12.3 a 12.3 street car for a 18 year old should be enough u think?
    life is 2 fast to slow down just downshift and NAIL IT!!!

Impulse blue
    2005 pontiac gto

another thing is do they make a shift kit for a automatic cuz i heard they do good for the 4l60e and a set of nitto drag slicks should set me up for a 12.sec run ya think, and what kind of cold air intake should i get she is completly stock and a 2003 m3 bmw gave me a good run i barely beat him because i had traction issues because its about 10 degrees outside there is a yellow supra 2 but i want to get a couple mods b4 i mess with him i dont want people to think pontiacs are pussies cuz they haul balls... THANKS GUYS FOR ALL UR HELP SORRY I ASK TO MANY QUESTIONS I NEED LIKE A PART LIST AND A $$$ TOTAL OR SOMTHING IN THE $650-$1500 RANGE..

GOT BOOST?
    02 Vette-Black 618 rwhp

I use nothing, but LG on my cars! There expensive, but you get what you pay for. I will showing pics of my 01 Vette soon it's all LG. My GTO is still ripped apart. Sorry guys I have been buisy, plus playing daddy soon.

combo 4 U

Dude just stick my blower and blower ready forged LS2 in and be done LOL IF your looking for HP at an affordable price[ THIS IS IT] If intrested its listed in the parts for sale furom GOOD LUCK EITHER WAY Barnat

IBM/BLUE
    2005 GTO

Have you thought about the S or C cam package from HPE... Great Cams IMO and very drivable

Impulse blue
    2005 pontiac gto

some kid on myspace pulled 200mph in his goat but im pulling a bullshit bomb is it even possible i know i wouldnt want to go that fast i might shiz my pants

Black
    2004 Mustang GT

Quote Originally Posted by joegtox View Post
    another thing is do they make a shift kit for a automatic cuz i heard they do good for the 4l60e and a set of nitto drag slicks should set me up for a 12.sec run ya think, and what kind of cold air intake should i get she is completly stock and a 2003 m3 bmw gave me a good run i barely beat him because i had traction issues because its about 10 degrees outside there is a yellow supra 2 but i want to get a couple mods b4 i mess with him i dont want people to think pontiacs are pussies cuz they haul balls... THANKS GUYS FOR ALL UR HELP SORRY I ASK TO MANY QUESTIONS I NEED LIKE A PART LIST AND A $$$ TOTAL OR SOMTHING IN THE $650-$1500 RANGE..
    wtf?

Thread Information