Black
    2000 Trans am

Wheels Fitment or adapter?

I have a 2000 Trans am and want to get new rims... i like the torq thurst 2 and/or the boyd coddington smoothies II... although they do make them to fit the Trans ams, i dotn have the money to buy them new and would like to purchase them used... anyways there are hardly any used for sale to fit my car... there are alot more from mustangs...figures... anyways these used wheels on sale are mostly from ebay... anyways what is the diffrence between the mustang wheels and the Trans am wheels? is there anyway to buy them and fit them on my trans am perfectly? PM back and let me know what u think... i like the boyd coddington smoothie II's and also some torq thrust 2's ...

Bad habbit- Smoking Fords

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2001 Camaro SS

The bolt pattern is different. You cannot use FORD rims on any GM. Your bolt pattern in 5X4.75, Fords are 5X4.25, they just won't fit.
    2001 SS - 430 RWHP 412 RWTQ
    6 spd, FIPK, Corsa exhaust, LS7 clutch, Dart Pro PP LS1 heads, custom 220/224 cam, Kooks LT's. Ported TB, Full suspension, C5 ZO6 brake upgrade.

Black
    1992 Camaro RS

Quote Originally Posted by SOMSS
    The bolt pattern is different. You cannot use FORD rims on any GM. Your bolt pattern in 5X4.75, Fords are 5X4.25, they just won't fit.
    You can make Ford wheels work on a GM but you will have to buy adapters. Which will cost atleast $200-500 for the adapters, depending on where you get them. Also depending on the offset of the wheel it may push the wheels too far out and make them look bad or even rub the fenders. So, I would suggest to just save up and buy the proper wheels made for your car or just keep saving until a set of used wheels come along.

Black
    2000 Trans am

Thanks

Thanks alot, i must have overlooked that bolt pattern. i just saw both were 5x4.75 and i though offset was diffrent, i see now they are 4.25 thanks alot

Thread Information