Thread: Bilstein?

Red
    1995 Trans am

Bilstein?

I have a 1995 TA convertible and I hear a lot of talk about re-valved Bilstein shocks. Are all Bilstein shocks re-valved? I see them on E-bay and the Ws6 store but I didn't know if these are the ones to get? Should they say re-valved? I just installed 18" rims and now I want to lower the TA back down to get a better look. Any ideas what to buy? Just for show and street. What will I need and where to buy them? Panhard bar is a must? Which one as well.

pewter
    2001 z28 lingenfelter 383

yes.....id like to know as well......who knows? i may go koni's though..see how deep the wallet goes..lol

Navy Blue Metallic (NBM)
    2002 Camaro SS

The only places I know to get revalves are the SLP versions (Generic revalves for their suspensions) Not all Bilsteins are equal and none with stock valving are meant for lowering springs. IF you want to lower your car you can get revalves from SLP or Sam, or go with Koni's...
    Last edited by Azrael; 08-21-2006 at 01:04 PM. Reason: Must have been edited by a moderator... left it as is not to cause any problems.

-=2002 NBM Camaro SS #10354 "The Ghost" LME LSX 454ci built for N20.=-

Red
    1995 Trans am

Quote Originally Posted by Azrael View Post
    The only places I know to get revalves are the SLP versions (Generic revalves for their suspensions)
    Not all Bilsteins are equal and none with stock valving are meant for lowering springs. IF you want to lower your car you can get revalves from SLP or Sam, or go with Koni's...
    How do I get in touch with Sam? So Koni's can adjust and be the best for lowering? I take it I'll need them for the front and back?

Navy Blue Metallic (NBM)
    2002 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by 95TAGary View Post
    How do I get in touch with Sam? So Koni's can adjust and be the best for lowering? I take it I'll need them for the front and back?
    I just PM'ed you how to contact Sam.

Red
    1995 Trans am

The only places I know to get revalves are the SLP versions (Generic revalves for their suspensions) Not all Bilsteins are equal and none with stock valving are meant for lowering springs. IF you want to lower your car you can get revalves from SLP or Sam, or go with Koni's...
    I checked the prices and looks like Koni's are about as cheap as re-valved Bilsteins? For the price it looks like a better deal to go with Koni's? So the package that the Ws6 store sells Eibach and Bilsteins are no good and not worth getting for $599?

Navy Blue Metallic (NBM)
    2002 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by 95TAGary View Post
    I checked the prices and looks like Koni's are about as cheap as re-valved Bilsteins? For the price it looks like a better deal to go with Koni's? So the package that the Ws6 store sells Eibach and Bilsteins are no good and not worth getting for $599?

Bilsteins need to be revalved for the lowering springs, so if they are stock valving on the Bilsteins I would say no, not great for those springs. Although that is not a bad price either when you consider shocks and springs for $600, but you really do get what you pay for.

Revalving all four Bilsteins will probably run the same or near a set of Koni SA's. Then you will also have to add springs to the cost or just do the Koni lowering by using the lower perch and heater hose mods...

Red
    1995 Trans am

Bilsteins need to be revalved for the lowering springs, so if they are stock valving on the Bilsteins I would say no, not great for those springs. Although that is not a bad price either when you consider shocks and springs for $600, but you really do get what you pay for.

Revalving all four Bilsteins will probably run the same or near a set of Koni SA's. Then you will also have to add springs to the cost or just do the Koni lowering by using the lower perch and heater hose mods...
    This is the package deal through Ws6? Not good?

93-97 Bilstein/Eibach ProKit Lowering Package
    [9397LWRPKG] $599.99

Click to enlarge
    Complete lowering package featuring Bilstein HD Shocks and Eibach's ProKit Lowering Springs.

Improve handling with these precision Bilstein Mono-tube high pressure shocks. The single tube designed shock is filled with oil and nitrogen gas in a pressured, sealed compartment. A dividing piston exerts constant pressure on the oil, which eliminates any oil foaming.

Eibach's Performance Spring's improve cornering and help stop the nose dive under hard braking. They help maintain a soft ride for daily driving and stiffin when performance is demanded. Eibach has determined the ideal lowering heights for these vehicles with extensive testing. They are powder coated charcoal grey and are compatible with factory & aftermarket shocks.

Package consists of the following items:

1x LT1 F-Body Eibach ProKit Performance Springs (1.25" Drop Front, 1.25" Drop Rear (P/N-3831.140)
    2x Bilstein Front HD Shocks (P/N-B461913)
    2x Bilstein Rear HD Shocks (P/N-B461914)

Navy Blue Metallic (NBM)
    2002 Camaro SS

No not good, other than price which is great! Bilstein says themselves that the HD's are not for use with lowering springs.

Not my opinion as much as Bilstein's own opinion that matters!

Red
    1995 Trans am

No not good, other than price which is great! Bilstein says themselves that the HD's are not for use with lowering springs.

Not my opinion as much as Bilstein's own opinion that matters!
    Thanks for your help, I guess I'll scratch that idea. Seems like I'll need to spend alittle more.

Thread Information