Blue
    2002 WS6 Trans Am

Kicker CVT 6.5" Sub

I have an 2002 WS6 with the monsoon system. The subs beside the rear seat from the factory have blown. The factory subs are a dual 4-ohm voicecoil sub. The kickers are a single 4-ohm voicecoil. Would the kickers be able to be wired in properly and load up right on the factory amp? would i use all 4 leads from the factory harness to connect the kicker? or just two of them and block off the other two?

sorry for all the questions but i have asked around and keep getting different answers. figured someone here would be more familiar with the monsoon and be able to direct me....thanks for your help!!

Black
    2001 Camaro Z28

i actually was also wondering the same thing......i hear alot of good things about ED 7kv.2 but am a fan of kicker speakers in general. so +1 for any help

thanks,

Bill

Black/Black
    '00 Firebird WS6 T/A

Well, to the positive side you COULD wire it up with just 2, but unfortunately this will not give you sound equivalent to the factory because you will only have half the power your speaker needs to pump out copious amounts of deep bass along with the rest of your stereo. A lot of people put in an aftermarket deck and run the wires from the tweeters under the hatch to the sail panel and using the power of the deck (or amp, if you so choose) you can get good sound out of them but since they are subs in this case you probably want to LPF them somehow.

Hint: All four tweeters run directly off deck power. You can make this work but probably not with the factory deck.

Thread Information