silver
    2002 z28

car starts some times then won`t ????HELP

i have a 2002 z28..most of the time it starts up , then some times it wont...i took it to my corner shop and they said on the times that it won`t start the injectors and spark plugs were not getting a signal(but no codes).....it will start after a while of trying but its getting worse........could this be my inigition relay ?????????????????????please help !!!!!!!!!!!

Need more info. When you say sometimes it won't start - does it not turn the engine over at all? Does the security light come on or flash when it happens? Just wondering if it's a VATS problem.

silver
    2002 z28

it turns over but acts like it`s not getting fuel and according to the shop it`s not getting a signal to the injector`s or the spark plugs,could be iginition senor or maybe iginition switch....about 3 times it has stalled out while pulling into a parking spot.(before i ran over the branch).......just died ? and a week ago i ran over a branch that i couldnt avoid and my relay is under the car.....dont think it`s my alarm.so it was stalling sometimes now it`s having trouble starting ?

Doesn't sound like VATS or the ignition switch then. No codes either? I'd bring it by Auto Zone and ask them to read it anyway. What relay under the car? Something's going on, maybe your corner shop just doesn't have the expertise to figure it out. Did they do a fuel pressure test?

silver
    2002 z28

no they didnt do a pressure test when it wouldnt start it wasnt sending fuel to the injectors,there is a engine crank relay right above the starter(under the car) it sends the signal to the to the engine to spark and send fuel.when it wouldnt start it wasnt sending this message .

black
    02 ws6

hello everybody, i have never posted before but i think this is the same intermitent problem i had with my 2002 ws6. After a while of searching it turned out to be the relay under dash that starts up the computer, so even me i wouldnt get no codes cause when i would have a no start the only thing not turning on was the computer itself. I cant be more specific about which relay just going on what was explained to me by dealer.

I'm lost...by engine crank relay are you talking about the CKP sensor? that can cause a no start, but if that was it wouldn't it throw P0336? Maybe www.gearchatter.com/viewtopic9317.php will help, you can also look up the diagnostics for P0336 for a possible clue on the same site.

Thread Information