bad@ss mike

true dual install

i just got my headers on and now im putting my exhaust on, which is a texas speed and performance rumbler x true dual, but i dont see where the damn thing is suposed to be mounted at?!?!? there are two hangers welded to the end of the exhaust behind the mufflers but it doesnt look to me like there is any evident place to secure them. any comments, experiences, and pictures would help a lot. thanks!

Sebring Metalic Silver
    2000 Z28 Camaro

I am in the same bost as you I have just bought my second LS1 Camaro and I have stainless Lt's and true dual exhaust with no place to mount the hangers. To the best of what I can come up with is they may want you to run a large self tapper into the floor under the rear seat but do not " " me on that. Once you figure it out let use know where you mounted it and how much it improved performance over what was on the car before.

bad@ss mike
    Quote Originally Posted by inneedofls1
    I am in the same bost as you I have just bought my second LS1 Camaro and I have stainless Lt's and true dual exhaust with no place to mount the hangers. To the best of what I can come up with is they may want you to run a large self tapper into the floor under the rear seat but do not " " me on that. Once you figure it out let use know where you mounted it and how much it improved performance over what was on the car before.

i actually called texas speed and they said to take out some of the large self tappers that are already there and use that to secure the exhaust, but i still have yet to find the stupid screws he was talking about. they said the screws to use are where the car goes up over the rear axle, but i guess i just havent looked close enough..........

Red
    2000 Camaro SS

I just drilled holes where the bottom of the rear seats go. Mine holds up fine, since the metal was pretty thing I mounted both holes of the exhaust hangers on each side for extra protection.

bad@ss mike
    Quote Originally Posted by 00SLPSS
    I just drilled holes where the bottom of the rear seats go. Mine holds up fine, since the metal was pretty thing I mounted both holes of the exhaust hangers on each side for extra protection.

do you have any pictures??

Red
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by bad@ss mike
    do you have any pictures??
    I'll try and take some pics tommorow after work for ya.

Collectors edition yellow
    2002 ws6

I have the same setup. The metal is very thin in the area that you will need to drill through. Just take the rear seat bottoms out before you do it because a long screw or bolt may hit your seat cushion. I used a metal strap to hold up the system from a brace in the middle of the car right near the x-pipe, so there wasnt much pressure on the screws I put in. This allowed me to use very small self tapping screws with a large washer to hold up the mufflers. Sounds sick!!!!! Good luck

Paul

black
    2000 WS.6

i believe i have the same exhaust as you guys. do any of you have the x pipe system with dynomax bullets (mine is the 3 inch system)? i just used 2 self tappers on each hanger (dont trust only one screw holding up each muffler). do you guys have any clearance issues as far as hanging down to low for certain driving conditions?

Collectors edition yellow
    2002 ws6

I have a 3" system with an x and bullets. I probably only have 5" or so of clearance, but it never seems to bottom out. I have about the same clearance as my Dad's 03 vette, which hardly ever has a problem either. I also try to avoid any road hazards; speed bumps, steep turns, elevated sidewalks.

Paul

Thread Information