View Poll Results: Could you have an open relationship...

Voters
64. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

14 21.88%
  • No

50 78.13%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Silver
    1999 Trans Am convertible

Could you have an open relationship

with your significant other? I’m going to be gone for a few days but will comment when I get back. Until then I want to hear what you guys (and girls) have to say.

Black/Red
    2005 GTO

It could be open to the extent that she doesn't mess around with other guys.

what do you mean by open?

Black
    1994 Camaro Z28

No.

That said, back in the 1970s when I was in college I had plenty of "open" relationships and quite possibly have ended up in a lifestyle in which it would be ok. However that ultimately did not come to pass and I ended up with a great wife and neither of us wants to "share" in the manner implied by the question.
    2002 Street ET Champion New England Dragway
    1999 Street ET Champion Oxford Dragway
    My Blog is here: http://www.downtime.com

no.

Toyota - Tacoma
    2008 - Silver Streak

I've heard of people having open relationships. I've actually seen people try it (usually after one has already violated the trust and someone is afraid to just walk away). Usually it is just a way of holding onto someone. It seems self-fish to me. "I want to be with other people but I still want you". Why is it fear of letting go - or just lack of interest. Either way I think once you are thinking of having an open relationship it is most likely just putting off the inevitable or lowering your standards just to keep someone in your life that probably isn't fully there anyway.

Navy Blue Metallic
    1998 Trans Am

i think people who do that are just sad..lol either your with someone or ur not make ur mind up

Bright Rally Red
    2000 Camaro SS #5075 M6

Hell no

member since may 2000 nhraformula's Avatar

black
    2000 nhra edition formula

Quote Originally Posted by fccs View Post
    i think people who do that are just sad..lol either your with someone or ur not make ur mind up
    sad, how do you figure.all other animals on earth dont stay loyal to one mate, why should we.

back 'n better than ever Kjz99z28's Avatar

White/Black
    1999 Z28

If you don't want to be loyal to one mate, then why be in a relationship at all? Hence, I vote no for an "open relationship" because I believe in a) Having a real relationship, being committed to one person, or b) Having a "friend w/ benefits" situation, which is kind of like an open relationship. I don't see the point of saying "Oh, we're together" if you're both screwing other people. I couldn't deal with that.

Old: 00 WS6, 02 Z06, 79TA
    11 F350 CC 6.7L

I could be open only if I went into the relationship with both of us knowing and agreeing we were going to be open. I think if neither one of us planned on anything long term and weren't in love it would be fine. Kind of like a you'll do for now to help pass the time but we're both still looking around.

Now if you're a dude and in an open relationship where you sit at home by yourself all the time while you're woman is out getting banged I suppose that would suck. Same for vice versa as well.

I definitely wouldnt try it with anything long term, where kids were involved and especially not marriage.

I had an open relationship once where my woman would go absolutely nuts when she found out I was with another chick.... even a woman she told me I should take home. One night I brought this smokin hot Bolivian girl back from the club after getting permission from my girl. This chicks tatas were no kidding bigger than my head each and I could hardly tell what she was ever saying through her heavy accent. I had her in my bedroom about to do the deed and I hear my front door slam shut and loud running footsteps coming down the hall. Then I heard "Fuck you, you big titty bitch!" Thats when I realized maybe she wasnt so cool with it! lol Before I even had a chance to get my pants up to my waste she kicked in the door and it hit me square in the ass and I fell over with my cock out and my pants halfway down. Had the best hate sex ever right after that. Crying hate sex at that! Felt pretty bad for Yara because she had to sit in the living room and wait for us to finish before I drove her home. Ohhh man the memories!

I couldnt complain though because it was the same for me too when she was with other guys. ! lol It was crazy. Fun while it lasted though.

Edit: Now that I think about it, dont try it. It won't work. If you like constant drama and always having to worry if your partner gave you an STD from the gang bang they were just in the night before then go ahead! My experience was fun, yes but also pretty stupid. I really lucked out that nothing bad ever happened to me from it. Lets say your girl gets pregnant. For 9 months you're going to be taking care of her wondering if the kid is yours or not. Maybe even for the rest of your life if you never get a paternity test.

Anyways I could obviously go forever. Don't do it but if you do at least be smart enough to always wear a condom.
    Last edited by ArcticZ06; 09-03-2007 at 01:29 PM.

Sebring Silver
    2000 CamaroSS

Quote Originally Posted by nhraformula View Post
    sad, how do you figure.all other animals on earth dont stay loyal to one mate, why should we.
    Some animals are monogamous

Silver
    2002 Trans AM

Quote Originally Posted by nhraformula View Post

Some animals Fight Brutally for a mate.

that would suck for ATC and Spaz.

NBM
    99 TA

only if you start the "relationship" that way.
    if you just meet and say "hey i like you but i want to fuck others, and you feel free to do the same" then that is ok.

But if it is someone you have been with for a while and all of a sudden they want to have an open relationship... that is just like saying "i want to fuck other people, i don't care about you enough to be bothered if you fuck other people... but if it doesn't work out i can always fall back on you"

fuck that

Miss Pennsylvania ls1blackbeauty98's Avatar

'98 Black Gone :(
    01 WS6 Midnight Blue

Quote Originally Posted by Stevie View Post
    I've heard of people having open relationships. I've actually seen people try it (usually after one has already violated the trust and someone is afraid to just walk away). Usually it is just a way of holding onto someone. It seems self-fish to me. "I want to be with other people but I still want you". Why is it fear of letting go - or just lack of interest. Either way I think once you are thinking of having an open relationship it is most likely just putting off the inevitable or lowering your standards just to keep someone in your life that probably isn't fully there anyway.
    ouch..

ps- its easier for guys in my opinion to do something like that, although i guess there are girls that would want to fck other people too.. oh nevermind im just a strange catch. i have no help sorry for responding lol

Black
    2005 GTO

I voted no not with my significant other.

If it was just purley sex then yes I could, but it would have to be nothing but sex. As in we meet up have sex then go are seperate ways not cuddling, talking, buying each other shit, dates, just sex, wam bam thank you mam type deal.

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

I have a buddy who has an open relationship.

But they dont really "swing" or anything I dont believe. He does want me to bang his g/f.

He asked me, she asked me. Weird.

Old: 00 WS6, 02 Z06, 79TA
    11 F350 CC 6.7L

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Po View Post
    I have a buddy who has an open relationship.

But they dont really "swing" or anything I dont believe. He does want me to bang his g/f.

He asked me, she asked me. Weird.
    What did you say? That would be weird. Better hope he doesnt want a peice of you too when you're done with her.

murdered out 06 z06

open relationships are a total mind fuck

Senior Member transamprincess98's Avatar
    CT6

I couldn't do it, but if it works for someone else good for them.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information