Thread: Who To Trust?

Impulse Blue
    2006 GTO

Question Who To Trust?

I am getting ready to buy a bunch of parts for my GTO and was wondering if anyone has bought anything from lmperformance.com or marylandspeed.com, and how your buying experience was with them... Or if anyone can reccommend a good trusted site to purchase parts from. Thanks.

Black
    2006 GTO M6

Bought form marylandspeed. Branden was great to deal with. Shipped fast and good prices.

ls2 goat
    Maryland speed is awesome...low prices and great service

Impulse Blue
    2006 GTO

So far I've heard nothing but good things about marylandspeed.com, even their ebay account is at 100% feedback.

ls2 goat
    I just got headers and exhaust from them and got a great deal...give them a call...they'll take care of you

04 GTO QuickSilver
    95 MarkVIII wifey white

Brandon at Marylandspeed is a good guy to deal with.

Black
    06 Chevy Caprice HT (RIP)

Why not Summitracing.com?

I love their prices, and speed

Black
    2006 GTO M6

I have bought some stuff from Summit. Good experience. However you can't beat calling up Maryland and speaking with Branden for however long it takes to make up your mind. He will talk to you as long as you have questions.

Black

That is always important...Customer service is always the deal breaker for me...

Torrid Red
    2004 GTO

Brandon at Maryland Speed is great to deal with. He is also the owner, so when He tells you something, you don't have to worry about it getting changed. They (him and his wife) started their company 3 years ago in their garage. Now they have a warehouse, and a good business. Their prices are great, but better yet is the service you get. When he says he is going to call you back, He does!! I just bought a set of KOOKS headers, and I got them $150.00 cheaper than I could find anywhere else.
    I've also found the following places good to deal with:
    For Cams, CompCams
    Custom Cam, McCord Consulting Group, Ltd - kmccord@mccordcg.com, talk to Keith
    For converters, Yank Converters - www.converters.cc
    Parts, Speedinc. - www.speedinc.com
    Parts, New Era Performance Parts

You have some good places right there in FL, right around the Tampa area, but I haven't dealt with them. I can tell you one not to deal with, and that is HPTrucks. They are in South FL. Stay away from them.
    Well this should get you a start anyway. Good Luck. Gunny
    2004 GTO, A4, Torrid Red/Blk, 1 of 1031, Yank SS3600, Dart-225s 62cc, Cometic .040, CompCams 230/236-.613/.608-112LSA, Hi Tech 7.350 pushrods, Kook 1 7/8, CAT/Reson. delete, 3" H-pipe, super 40s, Ported TB, TB bypass, 160TS, SLP MAF, JBA wires, NGK TR-55, New ERA CAI, tuned = 392hp/344tq

pewter
    2001 z28 lingenfelter 383

have had fantastic luck with neweraperformance thus far..there a sponser on here

Impulse Blue
    2006 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny's Goat View Post
    Brandon at Maryland Speed is great to deal with. He is also the owner, so when He tells you something, you don't have to worry about it getting changed. They (him and his wife) started their company 3 years ago in their garage. Now they have a warehouse, and a good business. Their prices are great, but better yet is the service you get. When he says he is going to call you back, He does!! I just bought a set of KOOKS headers, and I got them $150.00 cheaper than I could find anywhere else.
    I've also found the following places good to deal with:
    For Cams, CompCams
    Custom Cam, McCord Consulting Group, Ltd - kmccord@mccordcg.com, talk to Keith
    For converters, Yank Converters - www.converters.cc
    Parts, Speedinc. - www.speedinc.com
    Parts, New Era Performance Parts

You have some good places right there in FL, right around the Tampa area, but I haven't dealt with them. I can tell you one not to deal with, and that is HPTrucks. They are in South FL. Stay away from them.
    Well this should get you a start anyway. Good Luck. Gunny
    Great Post, I think others will also find this one helpful...Thank You. I live in Tampa and we do have a alot of speed shops around here but most are for the tuner crowds....I would'nt trust them with my car. Anybody know if any of those diablo sport dealers around Tampa are worth a crap at custom tuning? Or someone else that knows what they are doing? I was thinking about getting a custom tune put into my handheld so I could flash it back to stock for dealer visits and keep my custom tune without paying for it again

Black

Cool

Diablo? U sure, its not half as good as Hptuner for almost the same price...

Ur gettin some of the best parts, dont sacrifice on the tune...Everyone in the states that is serious does HPtuner...I am stuck with my EFILIVE, but at the time HPtuner wasnt usb friendly. Additionaly its sooooooo EASY to use...it makes walkin look difficult

Impulse Blue
    2006 GTO

I was looking into hptuner but I already have the predator and from what I understand I can have a pro dyno tune the Goat and have that tune put into the predator. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Black

Sort of, you could copy new tunes into it, but you have to becareful. Please read the instructions completely and understand them...If you goof up, its reduced power till you get it right...I know, did it to my tahoe a few times...

Go for the HPtuner, the diablo is for beginners. If you are to push the envolope you need a proper tuner program...
    American Muscle, Australian Design, Japanese Methods

Silver
    05 Goat SMASHED

Quote Originally Posted by tyxpx View Post
    I was looking into hptuner but I already have the predator and from what I understand I can have a pro dyno tune the Goat and have that tune put into the predator. Correct me if I'm wrong.
    Well there are some things that will get lost. I've been there and done it with tunes from HP and LS1 Edit. If you've done a gear change and you have change the ratio to correct it will be lost when you import/export.

From what Diablo has told me they are working on releasing a update that will talk with the the tranny ECU.
    Don't be afraid of the bottle!!! Be afraid of your tune!!!

Torrid Red
    2004 GTO

Thanks tyxpx, I hope it will help someone. I have gotten alot of good info from here. Just like about these tuners above. Thanks Guys. Just keep helping each other.

Silver
    05 Goat SMASHED

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny's Goat View Post
    Thanks tyxpx, I hope it will help someone. I have gotten alot of good info from here. Just like about these tuners above. Thanks Guys. Just keep helping each other.
    No problem thats why I'm on here.

Thread Information