Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I hate my job

98 Formula
    06 duramax

I hate my job

It makes me not want to get out of bed everyday. I know I need to quit and financially we could afford me not working but that's way easier said than done. I've told the wife I'm gonna quit 100 times and she backs me but I can never get the nerve up to do it. I'll never see this kind of money again more than likely. Just sucks to go through it every single day. Ok, end rant.

07 MAZDASPEED6 GT

I wish I had a job right now
    '07 MAZDASPEED6 GT
    '96 Mystic Cobra #5615

Ultimate nothing

Black
    2000 Trans Am

What is it that you do that you hate that much? Money does not a good job make...

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    It makes me not want to get out of bed everyday. I know I need to quit ... but that's way easier said than done.
    i'm in the same boat. hate my boss's antics 100% having a hard time finding the next place i want to work though, as i'd like it to be the final stop ya know?

that or grab some balls and launch ts|s full time instead of just a side gig.
    Last edited by third_shift|studios; 03-08-2007 at 05:49 AM.

Red
    02 T/A WS6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    It makes me not want to get out of bed everyday. I know I need to quit and financially we could afford me not working but that's way easier said than done. I've told the wife I'm gonna quit 100 times and she backs me but I can never get the nerve up to do it. I'll never see this kind of money again more than likely. Just sucks to go through it every single day. Ok, end rant.
    Im in the same situation as you.. Granted i work for the Govt rebuilding/restoring military aircraft and i can probably work for someone else, but the pay or benefits wouldn't even come close. I guess i will find out soon enough since this work site is shutting down by September.

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

We have a club for that. Its called 'Everyone' and we meet at the bar after work.

Impounded
    I am down with corporate america in general. I don't want to sit in an office another day of my life. I don't mind the work itself, but the people adn the politics make it a sickly place to spend your waking hours.

Quote Originally Posted by 86 IROC-Z View Post
    We have a club for that. Its called 'Everyone' and we meet at the bar after work.
    Excellent!

black
    00 camaross&02 trans am

I love to hate my job also. I am a conductor for bnsf. I love it because I work outdoors year round no matter weather conditions the guys I deal with are cool as hell it's like a family with the engineers and conductors. Damn good money on the way to making 80k plus this year. Everyday is a new experience and adrenaline rush because one slip up and your dead.

Reasons I hate the job upper management, trainmasters, and being on call 24/7/365 a year.

But I can deal with the upper management and trainmasters because I can make their lives real difficult real quick like I said engineers and conductors are a family you don't want to piss us off at work. Also next year if I don't get furloughed and get on the road I will be making over 100k a year.

You got to do what makes you happy I am hoping down the rode to open my own business and get some rental properties. You got to do what makes you happy even if you have to take a paycut because eventually it will get to you.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

I work for a huge soft drink company....and it ain't pepsi.
    There's a ton of reasons I'm not happy there. Lately it's been all the bull shit whining and bickering between all of my co-workers. I've never worked at a place where so many people hate each other. I'm not that way and get along with all of them but the problem is I get to be the person they all bitch to about other people. I'm a fairly blunt person and tell them I really don't wanna hear it but it doesn't do much good. That's only one of the reasons I hate it there and that's a rather small one. The jobs I do are boring and mind numbing. I think that's probably why there's so much drama between people. They're just bored. Management are a very reactive group of people instead of proactive. That really pisses me off. They wait until there is a problem to address issues. Such as the bickering. As long as no one gets punched in the face they'll just let it go on. Another reason is just my personality. I've never really been happy with any job I've had. I always want more. I've worked at some decent places but always wanted more than what I had. Maybe I'm just destined to be miserable in any job I do. This sounds stupid but lately I've been thinking about quitting and going to work at a parts store. The money sucks but I think I would enjoy it more than where I'm at now. I could take the financial hit but kids do funny things to you. I grew up poor......very poor. I just don't want my kids to grow up that way. I've came a long way to get where I am now, I'd really like for my kids to have a leg up in life and money goes a long ways towards that.

Ultimate nothing

Black
    2000 Trans Am

Well, first of all I think it's great that you but your kids needs ahead of your own. That shows that you take being a father seriously.

I think that you would find that if you did take a lower paying job such as a parts guy you would be happy. Until the financial issues began. That'll tear apart a marriage and a family faster than anything.

Every job has political drama to it. When the politics get really bad is about the time I get another job. I have worked in the IT field since I was 8 years old. I used to help assemble IBM XT PC's in my uncles basement (+1 for child labor). I was really good at it, and I grew up down things with computers. I graduated high school in 1996 and had a short stay with the US Army (failure to adapt). I got out, landed a job building electronic battery pack for military field radios. About 18 months later I landed a starting position at a local VAR that sold customized Compaq workstations to businesses.

I went through the ranks there, and move up to Internal Support. I got training for Microsoft stuff. Three years later I got a job in NYC making almost 80K a year. I was 21 years old. I have been going from job to job ever since. I moved out to Michigan in 2004, got married in 05, had a kid in 06, and this year I'm getting divorced (non-monetary reasons).

I can relate with always wanting more. I feel that there is something better I can be doing with my life. But my son is almost 8 months old, and I won't do anything that will jeopardize my ability to ensure his well-being.

That being said, I would hunt around for another job. I've done the lower paying job thing before, and it sucks not having the cash to mod your stuff.

Just my .02.

--George

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Orion...if you can afford to quit you can afford to go out on your own. Man ain't nothing better than making a buck on your own. Self Employment is the only way to go. What do you like to do? Outside work? Get licensed selling real estate or insurance. All kinds of things. You'll never regret it.

Cyclone Grey Metallic
    2006 GTO

I wish I was in your position. You have a job that pays well but you hate it. I work for peanuts and hate my job. I'm the kind of person who's sole motivation is money when it comes to a job. Have you ever seen Office Space? Almost everyone hates their job and you can either suck it up or make a change. I like the way that movie ends, where just being outdoors is different enough for him to be happy at work.

black
    98 WS6

send your resume to Pepsi or other company that you'd be doing the same thing - they'll probably match your pay there.
    I work at the gas station and I love it
    Click for full size

Quote Originally Posted by 91Z28 View Post
    I wish I was in your position. You have a job that pays well but you hate it. I work for peanuts and hate my job. I'm the kind of person who's sole motivation is money when it comes to a job. Have you ever seen Office Space? Almost everyone hates their job and you can either suck it up or make a change. I like the way that movie ends, where just being outdoors is different enough for him to be happy at work.
    I'm paid well and I love my job. (However, I despise the fact that it's tax season and the AMT applies to me. ).

If money is your only driver, your life will likely suck no matter what you do. Do what makes you happy on a daily basis, life is way too short...

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Money isn't my only driver, it's nice to have but growing up poor I know it's possible to have a life without it. I would love to have both and I do think it's possible but probably fairly rare.
    pecha, I can't really do that because of a no compete waiver I signed when I got hired. I realize those aren't really worth the paper they're on probably but I would still honor the agreement.
    Sarge, I've really considered doing the self employment thing but figuring out what to do has been an obstacle so far. The ideas I have I either don't have the knowledge to do or wouldn't be a successful business. I've thought about doing auto repair since I like to work on cars but would I like working on cars that people don't care of for a living? Probably not. I'll figure something out because something has to change. I can't keep doing this everyday regardless of the money. I would actually take a 50% paycut if I enjoyed going to work. My wife loves her job. She goes to work everyday loving it. I'd like to know how that felt just once.

ArtistFormerlyKnownAsMac Silver Streak's Avatar

All Black
    83, 87, 02 All WS6 T/As

"I don't like my job.. I don't think I'm going to go anymore...."
    -So you're going to quit?
    "Na, I just don't think I'm going to go."
    -What about bills?
    "I never liked paying those either...."
    Great fricken movie!
    -Geno
    1983 Black WS6 "WindCharger"
    1987 Black WS6 "WS87"
    2002 Black WS6 "Silver Streak"
    Sold the other four f-bodies

white -RIP-
    2000 Trans Am

i dont know how you guys do it- i could never take a job i hated and stick with it. more than (almost!) anything, i want a job i like. even if your only bringing in about 30 or 40 k a year, if your hubby/wife is bringing in the same, youre pretty well off!

black
    98 WS6

Quote Originally Posted by Jane_says View Post
    i dont know how you guys do it- i could never take a job i hated and stick with it.
    exactly my thoughts! when I was your age...

white -RIP-
    2000 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by pecha View Post
    exactly my thoughts! when I was your age...
    hah i knew that would be coming from someone.
    but when you get older, your job becomes a huge part of your life... and if you dont like it there goes like 30 years down the drain.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information