red
    2000 trans am

Question fuel pressure reg.

i think my fuel pressure reg has gone bad does anyone know how i can check to be sure i know it can be checked by vacuum but where do i plug in to? and is it in the fuel tank?

00 LS1, WS6, V8 Gremlin
    96 & 98 GTPs, 64 'Cuda

Most GM cars have the FPR right on the fuel rail. An easy test is to start the car and verify that the fuel pressure is somewhere around 34 lbs at idle, then unplug the vacuum line that goes to the FPR and the pressure should rise to at least 45 psi.

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

for LS1 equipped cars, the regulator is in the tank just above the fuel pump. sorry no vacuum lines.
    Cold Air Intake, Muffler Delete, Vinci High Performance Dual Valve Springs, Hardened Pushrods, Yella Terra 1.85 Rockers, Some Hydropdipped Stuff, Strut Tower Brace, Some SS Badges, boost/vacuum gauge, fuel pressure gauge, some checkered stripes, drilled/slotted rotors, ZL1addons Stealth wickerbill, Ruxifey LED side markers

red
    2000 trans am

Lightbulb fpr

thanks for the responce the trouble is the car will not start i have ordered a fpr (pulse dampener) to try its down to just a few things it could be i have been crossing things off one at a time if it works no doubt you will here me celebrating what ever happens i let it known

Impounded

Red
    99 TA

the pulse damper is on fuel rail and wouldn't have any effect on starting.the fuel pressure reg is in the tank and could effect starting.put a fuel pressure gauge on it see whats going on before you order anything.

red
    2000 trans am

Question fpr

been there done that holds good pressure ? iam at the point of trying things with known good parts?

red
    2000 trans am

Red face fpr(not)

well i have had a break through. it is appearent that it was nothing to do with the fuel system at all. but the exhaust i took the o2 sensors out hit the key and varoom the candle lite again. so i think its got to do with the converters. any ideas on after market products ? auto zone and advance tell me its a dealer part only. iam sure they will rip me a knew one for these ouch!

Impounded

Red
    99 TA

if it starts with the o2s out the exhaust is blocked someplace.Probably the converters.

Thread Information