Artic White
    2002 Z28

help with amp ..

I was wondering if there was an amp that I could run all of this off of or what would be a good combo of amps to run this. 4 Alpine SPR-17C 6 1/2" 300 watt, Alpine SPS-10C2 4" 150 watt, 2 Alpine SWR-1042D 10" 1500W Dual 4-Ohm Subwoofer

Red
    '97 Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by homerunhtr21 View Post
    I was wondering if there was an amp that I could run all of this off of or what would be a good combo of amps to run this. 4 Alpine SPR-17C 6 1/2" 300 watt, Alpine SPS-10C2 4" 150 watt, 2 Alpine SWR-1042D 10" 1500W Dual 4-Ohm Subwoofer
    Might want to consider not keeping the hatch speakers....

I would personally go with a 4ch amp, and 2ch or 1ch for the subs....

I would run the subs off of something like Elemental Designs NINe.1

and then front and sails off of a Phoenix Gold amp (good, cheaper amp), Hifonics, eD, whatever depending on your budget.

Even Bandit Is Jealous mpunklil's Avatar

Black
    2004 Cadillac CTS-V

Unfortunately you have TWO dual voice coil subs, so the only effecient way to wire them all up would be at 4 ohms. You can cross out a 5-Channel amp, since the sub channels on all of them (for the most part) arent very powerful at 4 ohms and you would be wasting money. BUT, JBL makes a very decent 6-channel amp, which would be perfect since you would be using that amps fully potential. Otherwise, you are going to be stuck using two amps to drive everything. You should just stick to one 10", it would make life a lot easier for you considering the equipment you have

Red
    '97 Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by mpunklil View Post
    Unfortunately you have TWO dual voice coil subs, so the only effecient way to wire them all up would be at 4 ohms.
    Not true.....you can run a pair of DVC 4 ohm subs at 1 ohm.

Black
    2004 Cadillac CTS-V

yes, BUT 5-channel amps are a bit harder to find that are 1 ohm stable. Im simply taking in the fact that it seems like he doesnt want to spend a whole lot of money, and he would prefer one amp vs. two amps

Red
    '97 Z28 M6

Definitely are going to need 2 amps or as mentioned above, one sub. Two amps wont necessarily be more expensive one multi-channel amp to take advantage of the power he needs will cost a LOT. I didn't read the poster looking for the cheapest amp, just the "easiest" or just if it was possible to use one amp. Those subs can handle a good amount of power that will be very hard to find (or get close to) in a single amp setup. Here's the largest I know of for a reasonable price that will do the job decently for 5ch: http://www.edesignaudio.com/edv2/pro...roducts_id=550 -- mpunklil is correct though....gonna be tough without spending a lot to find a 5ch+ stable down to 1ohm.

However I still believe my second post is the best solution if you plan on going with that equipment listed. 5 or 6 ch amps are nice -- but not always the best since they are costly for the power needed in multi-sub setups. Because of that -- if you settle for a 5 or 6 ch amp and down the road wish to upgrade your system -- you will probably want to sell that amp rather than reuse a strong 1ch amp or a nice 4ch amp, etc.

Black
    2004 Cadillac CTS-V

it all comes down to the real question...just how much do you want to spend??

Thread Information